1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to vacate bats??

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Aug 13, 2019.

1. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Here in Florida there are certain times of the year that it is against the law to relocate bats due to their breeding season or some shit. 1 way door is the way to go, but you could end up with dead bat babies if the adults can't get back in to care for them.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

How to get rid of bats.

Step 1: don't

The End

Gorilla George and Jedb like this.
  3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Yeah I know, and I don't care. Fuck bats. If they would stay in their lane (out fucking side) I wouldn't have too much of a problem with them.

I had one I actually took pity on and tried to 're-home' outside via a towel and a shovel. After I gently flopped him on the grass he for real reared up and hissed at me. He may have gotten the business end of the shovel after that move. Allegedly.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm very familiar with this type of situation. It's not as much fun when the bat colony sleeps on city trees lining the streets during the day. Makes walking a hazardous occupation. Apparently, they haven't heard of "don't shit where you sleep."

Steeltoe likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Do you have any garlic?

6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Hissed at by a 3 ounce creature. I'd be shaken too. :D

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

3 ounces? You mofos have never seen real bats. :D

cav115, 969 and pscook like this.
  8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Australian Fruit Bats, big bastards. They stink, hang upside down all day and piss on themselves to keep cool.

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

All the species in MN are small (most well short of 3 oz.). Those antipodian fruit bats are big (and dont echolocate, so have big, strong eyes).

Since everything is big in Texas, it's no surprise they have the biggest colony on the planet.

Bats are great and bat guano can be your friend.
    I'm out. :D

10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I don’t know why you’re bringing podcasts and fancy chocolate into the discussion, but bats still suck.

11. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

This. I have always been told that if they have a house like this available, they would prefer to go there. I think they need to be mounted 20 feet or so off the ground though.

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

beechkingd and pscook like this.
  14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

It's always weird conversing with you on here. But thanks for the promotion...
    I think.

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

Steeltoe likes this.
  16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Back in the bad ole days, before everything got so damn PC...We would sit outside at dusk with a 20 gauge and try to plug the bastards. If I ever hit one of them it was by pure luck. :D
    Now I like the little fu*kers...eat all the mosquitos you can!

17. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I don't want to kill the thing(s). I just don't want them living inside my columns where they shit and piss non-stop and I have no way to clean it up because it's INSIDE the column. Baked bat shit and piss does not produce an aromatic environment if I was a betting man.

I have read mixed reviews about moth balls which is why I came here.

The one way door sounds like an awesome idea.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Have you tried holding a cross in front of you as you approach them?

969 likes this.
  19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

We've lost almost all our bats. A couple years ago around 90% of the common brown bats in NY died off from the white nose syndrome. We used to see them all the time at camp swooping over the fire where the mosquitoes were hanging out in the heat. Last 2 years we don't see any and I swear the bugs are worse. Bats do alot of good.

20. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

I got bats.....about 3 weeks after we contracted to sell our house, and about 4 weeks before we were supposed to close. We tried the DIY route with a "one way valve". We were successful in moving them from one end of the house to the other. Now we had that wonderful guano smell in two locations! After we noticed evidence they had succeeded in breaking through the vapor barrier beyond the bricks and into the attic we had to call in some professional help. $1550 later, they moved on to the next unsuspecting house. I'm still not sure they weren't trained bats managed by the local critter ridders! Good luck to you!

969 likes this.