1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Remove Clutch Side Street Switches

Discussion in 'General' started by BobbyGrand, Aug 8, 2016.

1. BobbyGrand

BobbyGrand Well-Known Member

Track only 2008 GSX-R600 and I'm about to install clip-ons but wanted to know the best and safest way to do away with the stock switches; horn, blinkers, high low beam etc to tidy things up. Pics would be great if possible.

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Unplug it from the harness and throw it in the parts bin... shouldn't be that hard unless I'm missing something...??

notbostrom likes this.
  3. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

chainsaw

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I think on some gsxr's you need to keep the clutch safety switch. Or it goes into limp mode or something.

5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Yes. Keep the clutch switch on that model or you will lose about 20% of the power on the top end. You can chuck the rest, unless you have the race harness, then all those switches can function for pit lane speed, maps, etc.

TLR67 likes this.
  6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

This....

7. triffecpa

triffecpa Well-Known Member

what year/model of GSXR's is this necessary on to keep from limiting top end power?

8. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Curious, if you didn't know why offer advice ?

OP , you can peel the two wires for the clutch switch out of the harness and keep just it. Everything else can go.

Laz and metricdevilmoto like this.
  9. BobbyGrand

BobbyGrand Well-Known Member

Great - thanks for the tips.

10. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Pretty much every one I've seen from 06 up and could very well impact the older ones as well, I just don't know 100% so I won't speak for those.

Basically when the clutch is pulled in (which is what the ECU sees if you just short the clutch wires together so it will start) the bike runs on a neutral map that has the redline reduced by a few hundred RPM in most cases plus the ignition timing is retarded.

11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Pfft like that matters on the beeb...

Joe Lopez likes this.