1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How tight should my suit be?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by tearlessj, May 25, 2011.

1. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Wearing Under Armour makes it much easier to get out of your suit, especially if you've been sweating.

2. fustyd

fustyd Well-Known Member

Oh I did such a dance to get my A* on when I got it, I called to return it but it was the right size. Wound up doing some yoga poses and lots of stretching on the first trackday and now it feels like butter. It stretches a good 10lbs plus skipping beer and wings helped for a few days.

Get a good undersuit like the one from www.motodracing.com which will also protect the leathers from sweat and grime and allow you to slide in easier.

3. Miticale

Miticale Member

A* i know sells the under suit to get in & out quicker but like you mentioned I wear a long sleeve underarmor shirt & compression shorts and I'm in & out of the suit on my own with no help.

4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Rule of thumb:

Suit should be snug on arms and legs, but not constrict movement. It should be non-constricting when you are tucked in on the bike.

If it feels like your GF/BF/SO is nicely squeezing your boys when you stand, it's probably right. If it feels like your GF/BF/SO is stomping on them when you stand, it's probably too tight. And if you can't tell the difference, you probably need to be more adventurous.