1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many Supermotos in WERA IN 07?

Discussion in 'General' started by corsameltin, Jan 7, 2007.

1. corsameltin

corsameltin Well-Known Member

So how many supermoto riders will be out there this year? Enough to make it interesting? Or are you always running in some class where you are at a disadvantage?:confused:

2. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

max perethian [308] will be an expert this year with his...as a novice he ran 3 classes--supermotard, clubman, and d superbike and won the first two, was competitive in the third when his bike was running

3. corsameltin

another concern about running my KTM..need about 4 spare motors, is that the tall dark haired Max I see practicing in the mountains?

4. Katoom618

Katoom618 Well-Known Member

I'll be running mid-central novice in motard, clubman, and D superbike.

5. Bart#72

Bart#72 Well-Known Member

I just bought a tard and plan on doing the Northeast expert class.

I have always ran 600's and this is my first Supermoto, should be interesting.

6. corsameltin

Its all new to me too. Should be fun.

7. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

not on the xr650r--the neighbors call the police whenever he tries to ride it around the block

8. corsameltin

9. raTTso

raTTso Carpe Diem, Dude

Just make sure you are on the oustide when you let that back end swing around, a'ight? :up:

I still remember my fourth race of my novice year when I let a supermoto get inside of me in the last turn at Nelson and the bike's front tire kept threatening to rest itself on my tank as he accelerated. I gave way that time. Don't know that I won't just lean my shoulder into his thigh next time. It was all good--racing and all that--but it was the first time I was "menaced" toward the edge of the track :D

10. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I'll be in North Central, D SBK, Motard and Clubman. But not the full schedule as in past years, just some select races for '07.

11. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

i plan on running a d class and motoard next year in se and nf regions on a 525 ktm, and hope that the crank decideds to stay together

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

"Mad Pirate Racing is born"

Remember when I told you that you would be famous?

How's school going?

13. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

If things go well, I hope to get a motard sometime this year.

Lookin at the CRF450.

14. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Are they really that fragile? I've heard this before! I could go an entire season on my SRX (back in the day), no problem!

mmfoor

15. ubermoto71

ubermoto71 Well-Known Member

I'm building my Husqvarna and will race at some southern events.

16. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

They are high maintainence(valve adjustment, oil level and changes, etc), especially compaired to your SRX, but with proper care, I don't think they are that fragile. Road course work will be a bit more stressing than regular motard work, but I should be much like a regular sportbike, if your not constantly bouncing it off the revlimiter, it should survive. That's not to say they're ALL going to survive, shtuff happens, ya know?

17. rwatson

rwatson Active Member

I'll be riding North Central in D-sbk, Clubman, and Motard. Especially the ones Pete's at!:up:

18. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I'm a definite maybe.

19. R1Pilot

R1Pilot Senior Backmarker

I'll be running novice in NE and Mid Atl in Supermotard. It will be good to see some more folks out there.

20. corsameltin

My old instincts from riding in the dirt for so long is to head right for that inside line. I have learned to curb it on the asphalt.. most of the time. Nothing wrong with a little block pass right? still not many riders in the SE so I guess Max is my competition (if he stays in Novice) My KTM is an 01, this thing makes more noises than you could imagine but will still rip your arms out, Time to upgrade all the bearings, cam chain ,and maybe some good health insurance before spring I guess.