1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many of you watch the O'Reilly factor?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by reknelb, Mar 19, 2003.

1. mra789

mra789 Well-Known Member

how will leaving Dubya in power result in peace and justice? your turn

Aaron L.

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

dubya has the enenviable task of having to beat pshycos into submission using the lives of our men and women in the military. he is doing something that frankly, years of coddling and appeasing {your suggestion} has failed to do. he realizes that he has to pull the head off of the snake in order to stop global terrorism. everyone who doesn't have the testicular fortitude like yourself and the al gores of the world not only make me sick, but desecrate the memories of all the victims of terrorsim. so in the end when freaks with the ambition only to kill us {infidels} which by the way include you, think about it. they will decide that the swift and mighty examples shown by this great country, and president, will be too high a price.

your turn, how will saddam remaining in power result in peace and justice?

3. Strick

Strick Good to be king

That was the point I was trying to make.

RSDad you still have not offered any proof either. You are stating your opinion about Fox, so I can do the same about every other news station. Pointing out who is on Fox does not constitute any facts that they "flaunt their right wing biased".

4. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

You win.
    FauxNews is the greatest thing to ever happen to journalism and free speech since the Bill of Rights.
    CNN, NBC, CBS, etc. are all controlled by the Democratic National Committee.
    Now leave me alone.

5. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Resistance is futile! :D

6. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

WOW

Brad, I'm not scared of you any more. I agree with what you're saying (this time).
    There's a web site called www.antimoon.com that is supposed to teach English to foreigners that RsDad and Due North can go to that is primarily about bashing Bush and America. Maybe these conversants can go there and we can talk about bikes and racing here!

7. SOFG

SOFG Well-Known Member

Why aren't all the tree hugers, Al gore, womens rights, civil rights, etc. behind this action? Saddam is burning oil on the ground; unthinkable!!!!:D

8. Empty Pockets Racing

Empty Pockets Racing where's my collar bone?

Tipper will, if they show it on MTV. :D

9. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Typical, you ask a left winger to justify something and they get huffy.

10. SOFG

SOFG Well-Known Member

LMAO

:D :D Godd one, where is she, and were is daddy Al?

11. Empty Pockets Racing

Not sure, but I think she's lobbying Congress to ban all references to X-ray glasses on Bazooka Bubble Gum wrappers.
    :D

12. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Give Al the benefit of a doubt. Maybe he doesn't agree completely with Dubya' but feels that it would be inappropriate at this time to speak up.

When you guys don't like someone, it seems as though they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Unless the person agrees with your position, they are and idiot and should leave the country. If they say nothing, they are a coward.

13. jdegracia

jdegracia Well-Known Member

comment from the peanut gallery

I rarely ever post here, but I enjoy the banter. My only comment is that RSDad has made his points clearly and succinctly, and no one has responded in kind. Deflecting from the point does not prove him wrong.

Sadly, the hostile responses and personal attacks reflects the ignorance that permeates a significant portion of our population. This is endemic to individuals with low education and inability to consider positions other than their own.

RSDad - it truly can be a burden to be so educated and conscious of one's true surroundings. To the others, ignorance is BLISS...

14. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

garcia- you left off a :) to let us know you were trying to be funny or sarcastic.

because you couldn't possibly be that clueless...

15. Empty Pockets Racing

I'm definitely not bashing Al.
    (Although, I feel his wife Tipper is somewhat whacky.)
    I respect anyone who chooses to hold their views and support our President, troops, and Nation at a time of conflict. Unlike Senator Tom Daschle who I believe is an a$$hole.
    After all, it's real simple. We have these things called elections. If someone doesn't agree with the actions of our President, VOTE FOR SOMEONE THEY BELIEVE IN.

Believe me, I hated Clinton with a passion. BUT, if we would have entered a conflict (or anything that would have put people who put their lives on the line for us), I would have supported him and his decisions completely until the job was done and they had returned safely.

By the way, aren't Scuds classified as WMD. This is a question, as I'm not sure. There are reports that they have been used (and intercepted by Patriots). Maybe Sean Penn confused them as bottle rockets during his "I have to see the WMD's myself before I will support any conflict" trip.

Once again, my thoughts and prayers are with our troops, their families, and the citizens of Iraq.

My .02.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2003
  16. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Re: comment from the peanut gallery

Holy crap! Somebody said something nice about me!!! What do I owe you and do you accept PayPal?

17. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Yeah..watch it..Love it..I liked last night how Tom Dashel (sp?) supported William Clinton on blowing up Iraq and stated that we have exhausted all means at diplomacy and now he bashes young George...WTF?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I owuld like to vote that Frank actually reposnded without insult etc...

Even Brad has been nicer the last couple of days presenting his viewpoint with many less insults than normal.

I do think though that a poloitical/religion forum might be needed... I miss discussions about motorcycles.

19. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I posted this first on another thread but it is pertainent here too:

I know I’m slow on the draw today, but I’ve actually been working

RSDad is a decent guy, even though I do not at all agree with his pacifist ideology. I think he is far too idealistic and I’m glad that we have out military to protect us from the truly evil forces that exist in this world.

Why there is so much hatred here I don't know, but it is sad.

But. . .

I’m think the war is a bad idea and that the President is not being honest with us about why it is being fought. That being said, I am NOT a Pacifist or even a peacnik – I was for the following wars: Afghanistan, the first Gulf War, the intervention in Bosnia and Somalia and Grenada and Panama. Many of you know this but some (Brad mostly) have called me a traitor, ignorant, and worse simply for stating what I believe is a bad idea.

I resisted answering mad brad’s question because he has no ability to reasonably argue with others and he has no respect for anyone’s opinion (unless they agree with him).

But here is the simple answer to the question –“How will leaving Saddam Hussein in power result in peace and justice?”

Hold your breath. . . Here’s the answer: It won’t. As we all know Saddam is a brutal dictator that should hang for what he has done to the Kurds, the Shiites, his political opponents, the Kuwaitis and the Iranians. Leaving him in power will result in more bloodshed to his own people, at the very least.

The real question is: What is the best way to get rid of Hussein? Or “Is this war now the result of Bush’s best effort to get rid of him?”

I know that some will again call me a traitor but so what? The war has started so let’s focus on the immediate issues at hand..

I do HOPE that our boys and girls kick the shit out of any opposition that the Iraqis put up, that mass surrenders occur immediately, that Iraqis welcome us with open arms, that Bush doesn’t forget the Shiites and the Kurds and Saddam’s political opposition the way his predecessors did (Bush I and Clinton both) that we suffer little or casualties, that no Iraqi civilians are killed and most importantly THAT SADDAM ENDS UP DEAD OR CAPTURED!!!

I’m going to hope for all of the above and enjoy the show. Sattelite dish goes up this PM!!! Even in my worst case scenarios at least Saddam will be caught, so I have something to look forward to!!

Rodger

20. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

I wonder what that Ducati looks and sounds like in person going 200+? I wonder what it feels like to go 190+ and be passed by someone?