1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many bikes have you gone through?

Discussion in 'General' started by zippytech, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Brutus

Brutus Well-Known Member

2000 Ducati 748
    2004 Yamaha R6 Racer
    2006 Honda CBR 1000
    2008 Honda Cbr 1000 Racer
    2010 Yamaha R6
    2010 Aprilia RSV4 Racer
    2008 Suzuki 750 Racer

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What the R7 does to you emotionally is like what the RC30 did to people who knew what a sport bike was around 1990. Divided by two.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

By the way, I like pigs. I've had an RC51, and three firt-gen ZX-9Rs. I'm just saying I don't need more than I can eat at any one time. Now pandas...

4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

the r7 was the best 750 that yamaha ever built. the rc30 wasnt. I love me some rc45 though. but then again...thats very very subjective.

5. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

needs and wants are different things.

I am sure i dont need 1/3 of the stuff I have.

I dont need 4 digit whp cars either. but they are still nice to have. :D

lambos dont need twin turbos either. but they are sill nice to have. ;)

I would sell some of the busas if the buyer gave me enough where i didnt take a loss. but, since that will never happen, and i have the space let them sit. :D

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Saying that the RC45 was better than the RC30 is about as fair as saying that a 96 GSX-R750 was better than an 87. Yeah, everybody knows that. But which one made the biggest impact in its context? That part is very debatable.

R7 is the better bike, but I would probably take a OW01 over it.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Everybody needs that. It's just that most of us can't afford it.

8. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

see, historical impact are really favored by brand faithfulls. to a honda guy, the rc30 might be more impactfull, but to a non honda guy (such as myself) the 45 is a better bike as it is more advanced.

for example: a 63 corvette wasnt the most powerfull or the most tech advanced of the second gens but it was historically significant, but only to vette nuts. to someone who is not a vette dude, a new c6 or a c7 might be more desirable as it is better in every tangible way.

I would give a kidney (not mine) for an r7. :)
    especially a graves r7/1

you are right though...its very debatable...as most of these purchases are emotional over being practical.

9. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

my wife disagrees with you on that (most of the time) :D

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have zero brand loyalty. I owned multiple bikes from all four Japanese manufacturers. As a matter of fact, Honda is my least favorite.

11. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

so if you could pick just one 750 cc bike if price is no option, which one would you pick?

I would pick the nr750 mainly because it would look awesome next to my nsx.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

NR750 wouldn't be on the podium. But honestly, I couldn't decide between the two Hondas (30 & 45) and the two Yamahas. That might depend on what state of tune I could get them in.

13. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

its a purty bike though.

like a two wheeled nsx minus the reliability. :D

14. Well done Sir. :D

15. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

EAD broome! :D

dont encourage his evilness.

oh and fuck pandas! Make em into coats! (forgot that)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  16. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

This is awesome! It's like watching a catfight, except it's about IMPORTANT stuff!

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Minus performance too. It's a bloated pig. I want one, but not if it's going to cost me one of the others I mentioned. A GSX-R750 of the same vintage would kick its ass without breaking a sweat for 10% of the money.

18. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I doubt anybody buying a nr750 will be concerned with the performance over the uniqueness that it offers. chances are they have already gone through all the "me too" bikes out there. :D

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

But see, there is something fundamentally wrong with offering a $60K oval-piston V4 and not finishing the job. If the double Ferrari offered California performance (by limiting revs to 6000 RPM) and weighed an additional 500 pounds for its million-dollar price tag, would you still say "it's so nice, you say it twice"? Or would you feel they just did not finish the job?

20. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

The nr750 wasnt what the laferrari is....laferrari is the performance pinnacle of ferrari to this point. nr750 was a technological marvel when it was created. sometimes ultra tech does not lead to high performance.

who knows how many oval piston, 2 con rod, 8v per cyl engine would be out now if the nr was successfull. it was more a study in engine design!

kinda like a wankel corvette (i know there are only a few prototypes running around) great idea, horrible execution..but still an awesome collectable.

and from what i heard the 60 grand was a break even price for honda. they made no money of that bike.