1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you get started in racing?

Discussion in 'General' started by bdomenz, Jul 11, 2000.

1. joey-95v

joey-95v Registered

due north, as wera122 said call seirra, 800.338.6938 they were really helpfull, or the helmet shop in fla. www.helmetshop.com the signet is the helmet that arai makes that is a little more round than the quantum or the rr. hey can you hook me up with some real maple syrup, i'm serious, i hate this watery stuff they sell here. i'll be at the richmond g.p. letme know.
    wera122, are you planing a "bbs meeting" for the gnf? a big end of season hoopla.

2. bdomenz

bdomenz Well-Known Member

where did you see that fzr 400??????????

3. wera122

wera122 Guest

If I can score some serious points in the 4 remaining SE rounds and get an invitation I'll throw a bash like you've never seen before. The only class I'm even remotely close to top 15 is F1 and I'm still a ways off. Short of going into each round with a "score or crash" mentality (which goes totally against my racing ethic) I can't say for sure if I'll be there. I'll keep you posted, especially after the double points round at Roebling next month.

God willing I'll be there, but if not I'm thinking of heading to Daytona in October. I've never been there and always wanted to try out some super tall gearing on my bike.

See you at CMP!

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

bd,

I saw the bike on www.FZR400.com or www.roadracers.com will take you to the same site. I beleive it was posted for sale on 7.9.00. You can go to the site and look for it. The guy who has/had it for sale can be reached at [email protected]. I don't know this guy personally and I don't know if his name reflects the shape of the bike [​IMG] I think the post said set up for supersport which leads me to beleive it is being raced in CCS. You can also put a post on the 400 BBS at [email protected] asking if anyone has one for sale.

5. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Funny enough I can. I'm not sure what's available right now, Maple Syurp season is the spring (for the fresh out of the tree stuff) but email me with your home address to: [email protected] and I'll let you know. I don't think that I'll be at Richmond unfortunately, work is a little too busy.

6. joey-95v

joey-95v Registered

i'll send you a e-mail later this morning. let me know if it works, it's been acting funny lately. sometimes it works other times nuttin..

7. Hubbard

Hubbard Puff... Puff... Give...

BDomenz,

You said your in Chicago. Come to the Putnam races in August and check it out. I believe it's the 12th and 13th.

Putnam is between Indy and Terre Haute on Rt 40. Look for track directions on this site. Your more than welcome to hang with us, and watch/ask questions/take lap times/just plain 'ol watch races.

We usually pit straight behind the tower, on the paved road. Look for a silver SV, #267, pitted with another SV and a RS125.

If you come, bring a chair and maybe some lunch, as the Putnam diner sometimes runs short on food. There are several resturants about 10 minutes away, though.

There, now your officailly invited...

Shane Hubbard
    #267 nov.

8. Hubbard

Hubbard Puff... Puff... Give...

{smacking forehead with palm of hand}

Doh!

I almost forgot...bring beer and cash (gate fee to get in, 20 bucks).

Hope to see you there...

Shane

9. wera122

wera122 Guest

Well quit nuttin and send the e-mail Spanky! [​IMG]

10. joey-95v

joey-95v Registered

alright done............i mean i sent it.
    e-mail that is.

funny 122

11. Due North

Joey you da man!!!! mawonline.com had the helmet that I was looking for. Thanks a million. I got your email, but I didn't get a chance to respond. I'll get some Maple Syrup on the weekend. I'll let you know when I am going to ship it to you. It'll have to be the next time that I am south of the border.(G'damn customs.....)

Are you going to be at VIR or Talladega ???

I'm looking at going to those two, but it's still up in the air right now. I'm moving in two weeks and starting a new job this Monday.

Mike.

12. bdomenz

bdomenz Well-Known Member

thanks for the invite, i'm planning on coming and already got it on my schedule. several of you vets suggested i come out thhat weekend and watch,talk, learn.

how likely is it that people are selling bikes and/or gear?

13. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

what kind of bike do you want.

le'see....1992 f2 real good condition
    stock pipes, or race, your choice
    very good plastic
    (no belly pan, oh no)
    f3 front forks, wheels, gold
    chain geared 14/45
    original guage cluster...

$2995.00

how about this beaut....

1995 f3, stock performer,or race pipe excellent ride, gmd optimized, race tech gold valving, fox rear shock,you'll get newer plastic w/ belly pan...15/48 gearing, with dummy shift lite....this bike will carry you to new heights

$4995.00

now for the mac daddy..

1997 f3 beautiful red bike..gmd optimized
    race tech gold valve, fox rear shock, geared 15/48, undercut tranny, 5 angle valve job, port/polished heads...

$5495.00

e-mail me [email protected]

tom

14. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

BD,

Look me up at Putnam. I will be racing the Solo 20 on Saturday and D-super and F2 on Sunday. I have a dark grey FZR 400 #914. I will be glad to tell you my trials and errors of my first year of racing and my OPINIONS [​IMG] I usually park at the end of row 2 near the pit entrance.

15. joey-95v

joey-95v Registered

mike, good to hear you found the helmet.
    i am running the rest of the north-central schedule with the exeption of one of the nelson races. i save the road trips for the end of the year, (road atlanta and daytona), so i can use all my vacation days at one time.

joey

16. Due North

Joey: I'm off to Quebec this afternoon -(if I ever get caught up at work :mad [​IMG]. If I can, I'll swing through upstate NY on my way and mail the syrup. Also, I am interested in some shields, I'll email you more about that later.

17. Janie McCommons

Janie McCommons Well-Known Member

First things first, guys! FIRST...you must meet and marry a wonderfully understanding woman (much like the one Jeff McCommons married) that will not only watch you buy a brand new GSXR to put on the track and not say a single discouraging word, a woman that will give you racing school for your birthday and Sharkskinz for Christmas, but also a woman that will become a WERA Official so that you can get certain financial discounts and that will work her behind off at the races and drive the truck and trailer home on Sunday in the event that you get T-boned on turn 12 at CMP. [​IMG]

18. Due North

Oh sure, and while I'm at it:
    I'll take a job that pays $500 000/year with 15 hour weeks and 4 months vacation, a racebike that requires no maintinance, a truck that gets 100 miles/gallon,.......

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Hey you know the old joke about the perfect woman don't ya? [​IMG]

20. Janie McCommons

Janie McCommons Well-Known Member

Watch it, Tracee!