1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do these clip on's go on here again?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by K51000, Jun 17, 2018.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK, now realize this wasn't a mistake. I wanted to raise my grips ~2-3"; and I had already had the forks pushed thru the upper triple ~6-8mm- per the tuning recommendations.
    My test drive so far has been around my block- ~1mi.
    I actually think that my old neck is going to like it.
    Changes back to stock in a jiffy, and it was free.

2. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Front of the bike is probably pretty low right now, i would lower the rear some to compensate.

K51000 likes this.
  3. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Which tuning recommendations were those?

MachineR1 and badmoon692008 like this.
  5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

your forks seem to be at diff heights

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, I guess that's one way to do it....

8. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

It's a lot lower than the stock setting(4mm of fork tubes protruding from the upper triple clamp) . I guess it's really twitchy now. If you lower the back then you'll have a lot of rear end squat at the exits. Better pay for some aftermarket clip-ons

9. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

By almost a mm? I'll fix that.

10. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

11. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I already had them thru the triple about 6mm.
    I have always read that this bike handles better with the ass end up in the air more

12. Sweatypants

put a gopro on for when you accidentally yank them off so we can all share in the magic.

(or at least find a way to drill in a set-screw or something like old R6's used to have when they were on top. you putting a lot of faith in a bolt.)

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

No, it handles "better" with a higher CoG and the maximum available wheelbase.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, when you get down to it, it's all relative to the rider. I'm guessing if doing this doesn't have you feeling a bit off with the bike then that probably means you aren't using the bike at a pace where you'd notice anyway.

I mean hell, guys do this to the bike and think it still handles just great.

[​IMG]

boxcrash and badmoon692008 like this.
  15. HoyaXC07

HoyaXC07 Well-Known Member

Now that's funny

16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Not like that......

17. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

No it doesn't. Or, if you think it does, you have no idea what a motorcycle should handle like.

And if you weren't aware of the fact that it was a dumb idea and looking to waste people's time with a post trolling for people to argue with, you wouldn't have posted pictures of it.

18. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

What happens under hard braking and they twist forward?
    No answer needed.

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Not that I agree with dropping the forks that much to do what he did, but there's plenty of bikes with the bars held only by pinch bolts.

K51000 likes this.
  20. Sweatypants

haha i know i know, mostly joking... still sketch no matter though. the triple clamp gives me piece of mind. even mountain bike handlebar clamps have 4 bolts holding a plate. shit even a brembo master has two holding the perch haha.