1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How about something positive around this place for a change

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 10, 2017.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Britt likes this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Chopper Reed says "Harden the fuck up kid."

Fencer likes this.
  3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Sitting in front of the fireplace 38hrs no power.....
    Chopper Reed is a dumbass twat... whoever Chopper Reed is... probably Chad's dumb drunk uncle.

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:That would explain some of Chads behavior from time to time...:D

Britt likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Chopper Reed ate paste as a child and still sleeps with his blanky.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Sympathy from adults is great but does it actually change anything for the kid socially?

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

With enough hashtags, anything is possible

sheepofblue, BigBird and Fencer like this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################BulliesBeDead

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

##########################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################O'DoyleRules###########################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################

MikeR, badmoon692008 and t500racer like this.
  10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Kids see it garner enough attention and someone will step up and take the kid under their wing.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm not sure how to feel about this one.

It's overwhelmingly clear that all these well known stars are doing nothing but virtue signaling all over social media to make themselves feel like they are "doing something positive". As was said, in reality it doesn't accomplish squat for the actual problem the kid is having. Like when the next massacre that happens everyone changes their Facebook profile pic to this or that flag "in solidarity", whatever the fuck that means.

The real world indeed isn't a padded safe room. Kids can be dicks sometimes, that's how it works on the playground. You either sob about it, or you get tempered by it and stand up for yourself like this fella who got himself power-bombed.

12. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

While I agree, typically the one picked on is not capable of picking up the bully and throwing him into the ground like a paper doll.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

True, the little ones however can easily kick the bully in the nuts.

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

If it was my kid getting picked on I would probably get them in to something like Krav Maga to help level the playing field. It would not help in the short term and I am sure the teachers at school would like my approach though. IMO, most bullies are cowards and nothing prevents violence like knowing your opponent has the skills to kick your ass.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I think athletes and movie stars should stick to this sorta thing than express their BS slanted political views publicly, might be better for their bottom dollar too.

This is a talk all parents should be having with their children frequently enough until it gets drilled into their psyche. It's complete BS that in today's day and age this shit continues.

Looks like the kid won't have to worry about a college fund.....good for him.

16. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

:stupid:

17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I really hate to be that guy, nothing against this kid at all, but I really feel this is just a viral celebrity virtue signaling en masse. It seems they were actually in a competition to see who could be the first to take a selfie with him. I agree bullies should be shamed. I really don't care for this deal though as there are still thousands upon thousands of kids getting bullied every day. Middle school seems to be the worst.

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

And it will just get worse and worse as we teach kids how to be victims instead of teaching them how to stand up for themselves.

toybm likes this.
  19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It's cool that people are responding with kindness to this kid. But how does it address the bullying?

20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

What really gets me is his friggin Mom on her Phone filming then posting instead of consoling him.... Just goes to show how social media and phones have really ruined the human interaction and relationships...