1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how a protestor changed

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Rrider, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Rrider

Rrider Well-Known Member

Since this has become my favorite political debate forum, I thought I'd post this article for others to read. I hope this wasn't already posted. This article made me realize the vast majority of us don't have a clue as to what the people of Iraq really want. To top it off, I am thoroughly disgusted with how our media has been portraying the war. Sometimes I wonder if they are on Saddam's bankroll.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/...2305.xml&sSheet=/opinion/2003/03/23/ixop.html

I am thankful for the sacrifices our young men and women are taking on our behalf and feel terrible for what they are being subjected to. However, no matter how I look at it, there are just too many reasons as to why this has to be done now. I don't particularly like remembering what it felt like to see fellow Americans jump to their deaths from a burning building and in the future I do not want to live in fear that my children may climb onto a bus that is about to be blown up. How others cannot feel the same simply boggles my mind.

2. pseudocode

pseudocode Well-Known Member

Excellent post. Thanks!

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Wow! That is an amazing article. I hope more people read this.

4. T-Shirt Racing

T-Shirt Racing Well-Known Member

Wow, what a great post. I give the guy credit for being willing to admit to everyone what he had learned.

5. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

yup - good one. More people should read this.

edub, what is your take on this? And I appreciate honest, serious answers, by the way, so don't assume I'm hostile and get all defensive.

6. edub

edub Well-Known Member

I've said time and time again....Sadam is a bad bad man.....he deserves to be ousted, I just question whether or not war is the best way to go about it.

7. GaTarheel

GaTarheel Well-Known Member

What exactly would you recommend? The UN wouldn't do it. Neighboring Arabic nations wouldn't.... some did support the US when we "asked" Saddam to leave......

I'm usually open minded to new suggestions. What's your's?

8. edub

edub Well-Known Member

Don't ya think if the majority of the members of the UN were/are against it that means something? My only suggestion is to for once, maybe, just maybe we could listen to some other folks in the world.

9. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

How about harsh language? That would move him out. ;)

So damn Insane is an animal. Murder, torture, the list is way long. This guy does not understand any other way of operation. He laughs at diplomacy. He kills for the fun of it. What else would work? Nothing. He'd be playing games until Hell froze over.

10. edub

edub Well-Known Member

He's gotta be pushin 70...with all the stress he endures his tickers only got 5 years max......as for his sons..well?

11. GaTarheel

GaTarheel Well-Known Member

Did you finish your sentence?

I was hoping for an answer as to exactly what action you recommend the world take to to get Saddam to walk out of his regime that he has lived for (and killed to maintain) ALL OF HIS LIFE!

Something like this:

Step 1: Ask nicely
    Step 2: Provide Saddam and his family a nice palace and a severance package to maintain his lifestyle
    Step 3: Send "Buckhead Movers" (there's a plug for you Jeff) to pack Saddam's palace of possessions.
    Step 4: etc, etc, etc

12. T-Shirt Racing

T-Shirt Racing Well-Known Member

I agree, and I checked with the Weather Channel and it ain't lookin good for Hell freezing over.:D

13. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Have you seen the news reports on Uday wanted for murder by the Olympic Committee? I'll have to dig that link up, it's a real sad story.

14. Empty Pockets Racing

Empty Pockets Racing where's my collar bone?

Sure does. It means this $$$.
    Time will tell why those who urged us, so strongly, to avoid action in Iraq, to do so. Kinda interesting the claims, made public now (but initially made before the war campaign), regarding Russia's dealing with Iraq in regards to night vision equipment, GPS jammers, etc. Lemme see...hmmm, how did they vote again?
    Be patient. Time will tell.
    One more thing, I would hope those who voted against our initiative are concerned over the possibilities of us finding WMD or the possible use of chemicals at the perimeter of Baghdad. If any of this comes to fruition, this will prove those who voted against (and those who vowed to veto any attempt in extending the deadline) to be a bunch of misinformed, spineless, greedy, worthless countries whose actions worked to minimize the strength and inpact of the U.N.'s resolve.

15. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Sniper. .50 cal right between the eyes. Political career over.

16. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Sniper .50 caliber

Has been authorized since 1998.

Still hasn't worked.

Next suggestion?

17. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

What hasn't worked?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't think the majority of the UN members are against it, I think that a couple of veto power members on the Security Council have made it seem that way.

As for the waiting him out age thing in your other post - two words - Fidel Castro.