1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Housing prices are nuts, paid $17 million now

Discussion in 'General' started by L8RSK8R, Jan 16, 2022.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

200k/mo for 30y
    Someone is doing well.

BigBird likes this.
  3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

4. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Damn… that’s ugly .. inside and out . I guess having a shit ton of money means you have no taste ! :Puke:

5. youngR

youngR Well-Known Member

crazy. I guess it doesnt matter to people with money...housing prices are high and my USA house almost double most recent year(s). Retire and go live other SE Asia, South America, and few select places in Europe. Money goes long way. Our inflations are getting out of hand. lol.

6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Just because they are asking for $55M doesn’t mean they will get that much for it.

418 likes this.
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I sees alot of land in LaJolla. :D Maybe you can squeeze a couple mil+ out of the estate/salvage sale for all stuffy decoration silliness.
    Or turn it into an AirBNB for the Golf tourneys & tourists.
    32 acres mean a dirtbike track & a short road course is possible!! :D Safer than trying to play tennis between 2 bldgs! :D

8. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I've just about done with thinking about buying/building for now..

I search daily, just to get an idea as to how things are moving.....price decreases, more houses on the market, etc...

Everytime i see a property online, then click on the 'property history' and see that the house is selling for $225,000 now, was just sold 2 yrs ago for $140,000...or an acre of land listed for $36,900, sold a year ago for $13k....its just aggravating af.

I'll continue to rent my 101 yr old ranch on an acre of land, with a nice detached 800 sq ft garage, no neighbors within 2 football fields, for $700 month. Fudge it.

23103a, BigBird, tl1098 and 2 others like this.
  9. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

That place looks like either a funeral home or a nursing home.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

:stupid:

No taste is better than bad taste

BigBird likes this.
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

Exactly.

Putting a price on something doesn't determine the value of it.

People need to learn the definition of extreme anchor.

12. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

totally hear ya on that!!
    im in the atlanta area and would love to buy one this year. Literally just hit up a real estate buddy of mine and he said market is still the same

13. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Glad it’s not just me. Nothing in those pictures made me think “if I only had the money.”

What I did ponder was if my full annual income would even cover the landscaping crew.

BigBird and motoracer1100 like this.
  14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You'd need a Grom to go room to room.

15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Yeah, that's definitely not my taste and some of it (particularly the wallpaper) was dreadful. That being said, I can also recognize that the finishes and decor are expensive AF.

16. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Property taxes are over 200K

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

$687,500 per year by my calculations. Assuming no mello-roos or other special assessements.

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You should buy it...:Poke:

My 7058.28 don't sting as bad after seeing that.

Who am I kidding, yes it does! :mad:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    tiggen likes this.
  19. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Just going by The Zillow listing.

20. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Real estate market here in NJ is still nuts for nice houses in good areas. My brother just put his house on the market last Friday,
    received multiple offers on Saturday and accepted one of them....he's off to Texas.

Meanwhile my next door neighbor can't give his place away, he's asking too much for too little too far out in the sticks of north west Jersey.