1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotbodies Race Bodywork Review

Discussion in 'General' started by Jadams, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Jadams

Jadams Active Member

08-09 Suzuki GSXR600/750 Hotbodies Race Bodywork and Hotbodies Windscreen (Clear, OEM radius)

The bodywork was given away by Hotbodies Racing and Sportbiketrackgear to perform a video review of the installation process, which can be seen here on sportbiketrackgear.com. I entered in a random drawing to win the bodywork on a local riding forum, detroitsportbikes.com, and volunteered my bike to be used for the video review.

Overall, I was very impressed with the fit, especially for the list price of this bodywork. Good flexibility made the installation fairly easy for aftermarket bodywork. Only slight modification was needed to fit around my aftermarket low-mount exhaust pipe. Otherwise, I had no problems with fitment. The finish was pretty good overall, only a quick sand job will be needed before paint. FYI, modification will be needed for use with the stock side stand on the 2008 GSXR-600. I decided to leave the stand on since I still use the bike for street use, and just zip tie it up out of the way while the race bodywork is on the bike. A set of DZUS fasteners completed the job. These made it much easier and faster to remove/reinstall the bodywork, and are also recommended.

The windscreen was also great quality, and also had no problems with fitment. I ended up buying some new windscreen fasteners to replace the stock plastic ones, and these worked great.

Here are a couple photos of the installed bodywork (no paint):
    -sorry the pics aren't the greatest, crappy camera and it was raining...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great for entry-level folks like me on a budget :beer:
    But they also pay contingency for most of the popular racing series as well.

Feel free to comment/post your own opinions, but please keep in mind I am an impartial third party and have no vested interest in the company. Thanks!

2. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

It seems Roger and Co have definitely stepped up their quality of late. Glad to see it!

FWIW.. my 04/05 CBR1K set fit fine and has weathered 2 crashes VERY well with only minor repairs/reglassing necessary. For the price, they're hard to beat.

3. HotbodiesRacing

HotbodiesRacing Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Thanks for the review! Enjoy the Bodywork!

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Nice review and plus eleventy billion for Roger and Hotbodies to step up and ask customers for input and feedback.

5. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

One of my staffers (Gibson) and I installed this. We have hosted videos covering the complete install on our website as well as YouTube.

Here is a link to our site and the videos.

The support Hotbodies offers our sport is unmatched IMO. The pricing for the bodywork is affordable, we are able to include a FREE windscreen with most kits and they pay contingency.

6. chalyror6

chalyror6 corky #193

the stuff crashes well, and can be repaired easy...