1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOTBODIES NOVEMBER 1/2 PRICE SALE ???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Cobalt Coupe, Nov 2, 2017.

1. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I have had good and bad experiences with HB.
    The set kn my old 600rr fit great

2. Cobalt Coupe

Cobalt Coupe Well-Known Member

Maybe I should post a new thread, but figured I'd ask here first....................................

I know you can probably put just about any body kit on any bike with enough fab work / mods, but can anyone tell me how well a kit for a 2007/2008 GSXR 1000 will fit on a 2005 SV 650 S ???

If it's just a matter of making some small brackets etc, that's one thing but if it will involve some crazy fabrication work and /or hacking up the subframe to fit the tail etc. OR it simply will not be a good fit for any reason, I'll probably go in a different direction.

Can anyone with some experience regarding this tell me ?

I found a pretty nice Armor Bodies kit ( with SS tail ) for a pretty good price, and it's local to me................

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Get the Armor bodies.
    With any gsxr tail you'll have to chop the subframe.

JustaNobody likes this.
  4. Cobalt Coupe

Get which armor bodies -

I take it you mean get the SV specific Armor Bodies then ???
    Rather than dealing with customizing the GSXR Armor bodies/ hacking up the bike to make the GSXR kit fit ???

It seems the tail is always the biggest obstacle as far as fitting goes........

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I currently have Sharkskinz, Sebimoto and Hotbodies....

Between the 3 sets the Hotbodies fitment is the best... Laugh all you want but the company has made some great improvements over the years... (Except Discontinuing the TLR Stuff) Bastards!!

6. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

You can fit the GSXR bodywork to an SV but it's pretty wide. I used stuff from a triumph 675 since it's narrow. Not sure on the GSXR tail but I used 675 bodywork and had to cut the back 1/3rd of the subframe off and make an extension to support the tail. I did have to trim bodywork but it's very minor.

7. Cobalt Coupe

Yes, I figured putting bodywork off of an inline 4 bike onto a v twin bike, it would be wider than it needs to be.......

8. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

The thing you need to remember is that there is no bodywork available for an SV that makes an SV look cool.

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It ain't April fools yet Marc.

shakazulu12, JustaNobody and TLR67 like this.
  10. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Even at half price it's more than it should cost

11. JustaNobody

Optimal .....

12. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Is it really that much better? I know some people that had it and didn't cry to much about it.

13. JustaNobody

It's what's on jaces bike

14. Cobalt Coupe

Can anyone suggest the best/cheapest place to buy a set of Armor Bodies ? STG or ?

15. Cobalt Coupe

So..........I'm assuming after E Krafts comment, you are kidding about the Hotbodies fitting the best ???

16. Cobalt Coupe

I looked into optimal in the past, they don't offer anything for the SV, just the more popular bikes

17. Cobalt Coupe

Dues to a few conflicting opinions / reports here, I've pretty much decided I'm going to go one of two ways -

1 - Just go with the 2nd gen SV kit from Armor Bodies, it looks pretty good style wise and should be a pretty simple fit/install. Since I currently have a GSXR front end on my SV, I might see if they would give me a GSXR fender in place of the SV fender. It's more money, although realistically " only " $250.00 ish if I get free shipping on the Armor since the 1/2 price HB will cost about $65 in shipping, I'm hoping the fit and quality is worth it.

2 - On the other hand, since I'm going to paint this set myself, quite probably a rattle can base coat / clear coat which ends up being a decent "ten footer " paint job, I'm still considering cheaping out and going with the Hotbodies option but I would get the new MotoGP ish look 2017 SV 650 R kit. The upper /lower supposedly doesn't take much to fit on the 2nd gen SV, the tail might be a bit of work, but maybe I'd get them to sell me the 2nd Gen SV tail with the rest of the 2017 kit and I'm set ...................

Those two options are the only two I have as far as what I like style/appearance wise for the lil SV, keeping with an SV body kit.

18. JustaNobody

They offer a lot of stuff that'll work on the SV , we've got 08/09 GSXR stuff on ours

19. Cobalt Coupe

You have a PM

20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

03-04 GSXR 1000 bodywork fits well.

[​IMG]