1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot suit

Discussion in 'Tech' started by RonR, May 25, 2017.

1. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I just started track days late last season so heat hasn't been an issue. But moving forward I have a couple questions. My race suit has a liner. Since I'm wearing under layers do I need the liner or do I lose the under layers. Or keep both and air out in between rides. I'm working on a suit and helmet cooler for when I'm not in them. Any ideas/ recommendations welcome. Thanks. Ron

2. duc995

duc995 Yep…

Are your leathers perforated?

The liner in the suit slides over your undersuit; they work together.

3. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Not perforated.

4. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

For a cooler/dryer get an old yard blowup decoration, remove the decoration and use the fan. cheap and works great

5. duc995

duc995 Yep…

....I'm sorry... I can't imagine not having a perforated suite, at least for summer.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Seriously, either get it perforated or get another suit.

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

8. No liner in my suits. I wear either the summer or winter under suit from A*. Sometimes both and you need perforations. Even when it's 30 degrees in the desert and we are turning laps all day you still need the suit to breathe. Get your suit perforated, take the liner out and just wear something moisture wicking.

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.
    Ron

10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

you GOTTA get it perforated.. no doubt. I also prefer wearing liners , that are also perforated, but the really make a suit easier to get in and out of. wouldn't even think of not wearing one, and i race in FL a lot.

11. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Oh yea, definitely, wicking the sweat away from you helps a lot, also gives some room for air to get in and pas through the garment, not much but better than leather on skin.

12. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Some suit liners actually hold some of the armor/padding.