1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopper to BSB?!

Discussion in 'General' started by GSVR 946, Dec 8, 2010.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

IMO, there's a difference between saying you are in a certain physical condition and thinking that you could perform at a certain level. Unless he was banged up when he was getting MogoGP podiums.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but keep in mind he wasn't going to be going after MGP podiums but AMA Superbike. You can get to his level without an ego :D

3. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I think his head was overinflated due to his MotoGP career, dismal as it was anyway, and thought he could come back stateside and shoot fish in a barrel. Little did he know, the competition was a little better than expected. I think that at least says something about the current crop of racers out there too.

4. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

"Okay, just to play the devil's advocate, isn't it possible that Hopper really believed he could perform at the level expected of him despite his injuries?

In the immortal words of George Costanza, it's not a lie if you believe it."

That's exactly how I would like to think it happened.

5. caferace

caferace No.

This is clearly one of those moments when the otherworldly wisdom of amafan would clear things up for all of us.

-jim

6. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 Well-Known Member

Is their any news of what Hopper is doing? I guess it's obvious that he won't be riding for JU. In other news the AMA schedule is out and it's pretty light. No Barber, no Road Atlanta although the schedule may change.

7. Saltman

Saltman Curves Are Sexy

The schedule WILL change. It's preliminary. They are trying to pick a date for Barber. Either June or the Championship.

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I honestly don't know, I'm just trying to get the thread, that was highjacked by that self-centered JUlrich troll, back on the subject... :D

9. wwsuzuki

wwsuzuki Well-Known Member

Im with JU, you always try to help family and friends first thinking they are trust worthy.
    There are plenty of guys who would die for a shot like this!

10. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Interesting. So they gave us credit but still stole material from here without asking or getting permission...

12. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

Oh, geez. Answering questions is bad, ummmkay...

That stuff about Monster is BS, though. The Monster deal was contingent upon the team signing Hopper. The team didn't sell the Monster deal, Hopper's agent did. We didn't promise Monster anything, and didn't pitch them on Hopper. We said yeah, we'd run him in Superbike and also brand our existing guys. That's it.

13. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

Booom!

14. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I fucking love this place!

15. Bourgeois

Bourgeois Shortbus Captain

To quote Sean Combs in Get Him To The Greek, "We don't lie, we just believe invalid truths."

16. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Werd

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup: His character was the only funny thing in that dreadful movie.

18. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

20. caferace

caferace No.