1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopper to BSB?!

Discussion in 'General' started by GSVR 946, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Me neither, I didn't bring Macau into the discourse.

2. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

I was only able to read 2 pages worth, but JU, if you're still looking for someone else to put on a bike, I know a handful of people looking for rides.

My #1 recommendation is Austin DeHaven (winner of the AMA SS #1 plate this year)! Great kid and has nowhere but up to go with progress and speed.

Also, Fong-er is rideless I believe. He's a fast little fucker too.

3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Yea, put some kid on 600 and move Cardenas up. That way he can turn head back without losing speed :)

4. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

:rolleyes:

I hope you are kidding. If not I know without a doubt JU does not need your help or recommendation in finding a rider.

5. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

Yeah but he beat McGuinness

As in

"Not one slightest percent of me is interested in anything but motorbikes." John McGuinness.

:D

6. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

I guess he told you :D

7. LukeLucky

Not kidding, and not implying he NEEDS anyone's help.

Merely offering up some info people may not know even if they're an "insider". Austin has been mostly sponsor-less and managed to grab a #1 plate in AMA which is quite a feat. Pretty sure he went and tested with an Italian team over there for a World Super Stock team (and may still be taking that offer... I don't know). And Bobby is clearly a top contender, but not many people knew he didn't have a ride yet, so if someone were looking for a solid rider... there you go.

Just throwing in my two cents.

8. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

ah ha ha. Thank goodness John has you to guide him on what unproven talent is available. He has a hard time keeping up with what might be going on the road racing.:D

Jesus, if somebody had not heard of DeHaven or Fong in the last year they need to find another sport.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

WOW......Somehow I missed this thread and just read the entire thing. I really appreciate the insider info on here JU.

I'm contributing to the airfence fund today, and whoever else thinks John is going above and beyond the call of duty by coming on here, may want to throw a bit of coin that way too.

Do you have a lifetime subscription to RRW, and if not, how much would it be? I can be a lifetime AMA member, but their magazine isn't quite as good.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I like John, known the dude for almost 3 decades (even though I'm only 20 something). He's always been square with me. Yeah, we butt heads a few times a year but that's normal for people who have to put up with my shit. lol!

As for the Hopper situation, I got no dog in this fight and have nothing to say about it in public.

Sucks all the way around.

11. SomeGuy

SomeGuy Active Member

Fong was on the cover of the October issue of his mag and DeHaven winning the title and a picture of him with the Italian team were both featured in the January 2011 issue so maybe he already knows who they are! What a surprise!:D

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It just occurred to me now that I was told back then that Hopkins departure from Suzuki to Kawasaki MotoGP had a lot to do with Paul Denning being difficult to work for. If true, I'm surprised he would go right for him in the British championship.

13. LukeLucky

I appreciate the dickheaded-ness of everyone's replies to my throwing an opinion out there.

Well good. Also surprising is I don't know everything in motorcycle racing. I was just throwing my uneducated opinion out there. It is a BBS after all.

14. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

You have a pm

:D

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Not to mention Denning has lost Factory support in that Championship. Is he even racing Suzukis at all in 2011?

16. richmeyer

richmeyer Active Member

Its like a god damn sewing circle in here.

I love it :D

17. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Well-Known Member

I wish i had a smidget of hopper's talent.

18. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

These are the things I've been wondering too.

Considering what Denning did to Elana, with the promised Rizla MotoGP ride that was false. And the fallout of JUs experience with Hopper. Am I the only one seeing irony in a rumor that Denning and Hopper are going to work together? Birds of a feather flocking together? OK, maybe just me:D

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know, I wonder if we should make you register and sign in to read the BBS? That'd suck for the lurkers but might get rid of the people who come here to get their latest news scoop for their blog (at least for a few hours).

oh, and make the classifieds pay to use. :D

20. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Sounds good to me.