1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopper to BSB?!

Discussion in 'General' started by GSVR 946, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I saw the results. A BSB regular won the race.:Poke:

For the third time.

2. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

wow, looks like he burned the last bridge to salvation that he had going. sorry to hear that.

I knew that what I saw tooling around in a golf cart at Laguna was the face of a broken man who had lost his edge. Makes me sad for all parties involved.

3. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very cool, sell them on a WERA one, I need some Kicker stuff and Ben sucks at sharing :D

5. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

I can always make custom WERA skins, for anything.

We havent done anything for Ben yet.. but good idea!

6. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

I didn't mean it that way John. I have the utmost respect for you and your work.

I was meaning it from Hopper's perspective: I'd be afraid of legal repercussions if I didn't disclose something like that.

That being said, there is certainly a bit of muddying of the waters when we do business with friends or family. Both sides seem to expect a little more slack, grace or rule bending. It can be messy.

I know you two have a long history and that Hopper's career may be a mere shadow of what it is/was without your guidance and influence. I hope you guys can put it behind you in the future; it'd be hard for me to trust again were I in your shoes.

Keep up the good work sir.

7. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

i though what was odd. hopper has been running around w/ (personal?) monster sponsorship for years and now it's somebody else's fault that due diligence wasn't done? silly.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'd be all over a WERA cover. Just sayin...:)

9. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I want a Putter one.

10. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

They also have misinformed sources.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  11. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

It's practically a BSB race. You think Podium is "couldn't do squat"? or that he wouldn't race on those tracks?

I bet Americans could do pretty well in the BSB, although my guess is the rumor about Hopper has more to do with the fact that he owns (or used to?) a house in the UK.

In any case, I don't think there's going to be much out there for hopper until his wrist works well. Teams are going to at least be keeping an eye on that before signing him to anything. Just a shame that he wasn't up front with JU about it.

12. Chip

Chip Registered

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I guess the days of the BBS as a tight knit group of friends and WERA folks is over. I knew it was but still, it's f@cking shitty for a "motorcycle news site" to come here to get their latest scoup.

Not the first and definitely not the last but perhaps the shittiest.

F@ckin' asshole over at that site for doing it to just get "the juice".

14. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

And the interweb facetube googlebing strikes again.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I might have to check the BSB calendar but I'm fairly certain Macau ain't on it. If you want to lay bets on an American in BSB get with me when one signs up.:beer:

16. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

How can something that juicy not come up?

Damn near EVERYONE worth knowing is on the beeb.

17. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

18. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

The Macau winner ended the season 9th in the BSB championship. Not sure of the relevance, just sayin...

19. ecd2004

ecd2004 Well-Known Member

and didnt rutter finish 2nd and he finished 6th in the bsb championship and has won macau multiple times already

the bsb has a tough tough field

macau isnt on the bsb calendar

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

well... there is always this page to seek revenge on

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/contribute/

:D

Then you can give them scoops of shit. ;)