1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda TLR 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Anybody here have one or ridden one? I'm looking at this unit with 2050 miles on it.
    Used to ride an Ossa trials and I miss that kind of knockin' around instant torque.

[​IMG]

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Initially, that bike looks like a trials type bike.

3. Boosted Josh

Boosted Josh Well-Known Member

First bike I ever rode. It belonged to my uncle who was tasked with teaching me to ride, I promptly ran it into the only tree in his front yard.

I’d like to get my hands on a nice one to putt around on.

4. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

They are cool bikes. That is one of Honda's best engines ever. Makes good low down power and has great potential for builds. We couldn't give them away back in the day, but it is a great bike. Get it, you won't regert it.

5. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

TL designation is for "Trials." The "R" is for the XR200R motor in it. So, yes, it's trials based.

Britt likes this.
  6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sabre699 likes this.
  7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Thank you! Some of us are trying to expand our horizon and not afraid to ask a question on the beeb. :beer:
    :rolleyes:

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So..whats the CB360T letters stand for..?? (Seriously)

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's not a real TLR. The real TLR's were built in Hamamatsu. :D

scottn, ducnut and YamahaRick like this.
  10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

“CB” doesn’t stand for anything, other than in lineage it came after the “C” and “CA” bikes. Why “CB” has stuck for all these years? I have no idea.

“T” is a front disc brake model.

Britt likes this.
  11. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Supporting the "it doesn't mean a thing" theory:
    https://www.jpcycles.com/countersteer/lifestyle/what-does-hondas-cb-stand-for

And I thought that the "T" was for "Twin," as the "F" meant "Four" for cylinders. My 1979 CB125S had a disc brake, but the 1982 CB125S had a drum brake.

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Thank you guys for the input. Doesn't look like it's going to happen right now.

@83BSA...you have a PM.

13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

In Britt’s case, CB360T, the “T” represents a disc front brake. A CB360 would have a drum brake.