1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda NRS250 Teaser

Discussion in 'General' started by nd4spd, Dec 30, 2010.

1. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

That little booger'll make a mighty fine pit bike...

3. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

I'll toss in a old CR500 motor for some real fun!!

4. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

if by "sounds pretty good" you mean like total dog poo, then yeah, i guess it does...

5. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Meh, should have been a 400 inline four, 18-20K rpm, 85/90Hp, and under 300 lbs.

7. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I'd stand in line for that bike. :up:

8. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Just cram a 450mxer in it. The current 125's are 55+hp, the 250 thumper wont even come close in hp.

9. Brian Driver

Brian Driver Well-Known Member

Why not just race a 450 super single? If its the chasis just get a 125 or 250 gp chasis n stuff the 450 in it?

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

11. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Wrong.

12. jwb

^^ agreed

you either get it or you don't...

13. peakpowersports

What am I wrong about? Care to elaborate? Other than putting a different gear box in the 450's they would be great.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  14. jwb

wow... i totally mis-read what turner quoted...

gee is my face red...

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

It sounds like a cavitating Evinrude outboard engine.

16. jwb

the 450s would still be a hack lump holding back what should be a proper racing bike...

17. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

My understanding is the 450 singles really aren't designed to sustain high RPM's for a long period.

18. peakpowersports

Geoff @ GP Tech has ran one for the last 2 or three seasons without any problems as well as several other people. Things are solid.

19. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Saying the 250 four strokes won't come close in HP is wrong.

It appears this bike is meant to replace the HRC RS125, Unless Honda total effed up it should have considerably more power over a wider range than the bike it replaces.

Whoever decided that Four strokes should automaticly get a 100% advantage in displacement should have been executed at birth in my opinion.

20. peakpowersports

That’s wrong? Do you have any data to support that or are you simply guessing? Honda CRF250R makes roughly 33hp stock and that’s a well designed motor. Built to the moon they can see low 40's. I'm sure a change in the architecture might net a few more. They might be able to get them to 45-48 max. But hey, maybe you know something different, if so please share. And as far as the double displacement thing, that was started in MX simply because they were not as highly developed as the 2 strokes were and as they came into their own they eclipsed them. The main advantage in MX is their readability due to torque, not necessarily a HP issue.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010