1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda NF4 Upgrade?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Algonquin, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Algonquin

Algonquin VRRA and DOCC no.92

Not being adequately familiar with RS125r NF4 engines is it possible to do parts upgrades to NX4 topend bits which seem far more widely available out there? (As in same cases and crank specs) Thanks for possible info.

lanehammond likes this.
  2. parillaguy

parillaguy vintage+GP racer

Not really. You can change to the NX4 pistons if you make some changes to the crank when rebuilding it and then get the barrel modified. Is it worth it?? Probably not. Put your money into suspension and extra exhaust pipes as the originals break up after decades of use. parillaguy

3. Algonquin

So far none of the usual suspects even offer NF4 piston kits. So I'm looking for a workaround. Thanks, BTW!

F

4. maxpat82

maxpat82 Well-Known Member

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Learn from my mistakes. Just say no to wossner. I am not alone. Google it before you make a decision.

Algonquin likes this.
  6. Algonquin

I bought a pair of Vertex piston kits which I trust from my own KTM experience. Not sure if lowering an NF4 cylinder affects port timing or flow but for now staying OEM spec works for my purposes. Down the road and for others the availability of NF4 parts is an issue. I suspect there are some options out there. ...Thanks!