1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

honda fork height

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by sharky nrk, May 20, 2013.

1. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Anyone give me a rough estimate on where to set the fork height in the triple clamps for F2?

Bike has springs/emulators but not sure where to set the forks in the triple. Front end feels very flightly with minimal left/right input on the bars so I would think they need to come up a bit in the clamps.

I will try and have the suspension guy baseline it at the track next time around but figured I would ask for advice as well.

2. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

well where ever you set it,DON'T ask cowboy dan.

3. JNSRacing

JNSRacing Well-Known Member

sharky, when you say it feels flighty, do you mean it's steering too quickly, when cornering, or do you mean it's unstable going straight, under acceleration?

If it's turning too quick, you actually need to lower the forks in the triples, to reduce your front weight bias a touch, maybe 2 or 3 mm, and see how it goes... repeat.
    If your forks are already as low as they can go, the you might want to think about your rear ride height... what shock are you running, is it one with adjustable ride height? Or you using a longer shock, like from an F3, F4i, something like that?

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  4. cowboy dann

cowboy dann Well-Known Member

damn sauce,what did i ever do to you?
    you shit on me and it's not even my thread

5. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

i'm not ''shiting" on you dan,email me

6. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

39 mm from upper triple to top of fork tube.

7. sharky nrk

Its flighty in the straight line, haven't cornered it hard since getting the front end back together to really know how it feels under load, I will check and set it up at 39mm and see how it feels. Thanks to the beeb!

8. jimfowler

Like twitchy when you wot and full tuck or on the brakes hard? More info would be helpful.

9. sharky nrk

I would need to get a bit more time to nail it down and give you good information on that. Twitchy/flighty on the gas (not WOT but with some weight transferred to the rear) with any bar input. Can't say I noticed it as much on the brakes but didn't really look yet. On track this weekend so should have more input.

10. jimfowler

Steering stabilizer?

11. JNSRacing

JNSRacing Well-Known Member

Man, I wish I could see you there, but I won't be out 'til the late June round... will this be your first time at Gateway?

12. sharky nrk

No steering stabilizer on the bike at the moment

13. jimfowler

well, my two cents says double check your steering head bearing torque and bolt on a stabilizer. then you can start chasing after possible suspension problems.