1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda CRF 80 Tires

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by dieterly, Oct 4, 2015.

1. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Got my son a CRF80 and now I'm trying to find tires for it. The front has a 16" rim so I assume a BT45 will fit. But what about the rear? It's a 14" rim and I have no clue what to put on. An option would be putting a xr100 16" rim on the hub.
    Any suggestions?

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I had a xr100 wheel on the back of my 80. It was a snug fit but i never had any issues with it

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

sell the 16 front to a 100 racer. Get a 14" front off a 70... then put 14" scooter tire on it.
    16 wheel/tire wont fit on the 80 swingarm.
    [​IMG]

4. Shenanigans

Mine did and I beat on the bike for two years

5. TurboBlew

how old was the 80? The one pictured above is 2006. I could not get a 16" rear wheel/BT45 tire on it. Needed another inch to get the axle through. You could put a 100 swingarm on the 80...if thats all you have to work with.

6. Shenanigans

My 80 was a 02. I had Pirelli Diablo's on it. I had a earlier model 100 rolling chasis I was going to take arm off but was lazy that day and decided to see if the 100 wheel would fit the 80 arm. I ran the 80 rear sprocket and it worked.

7. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Probably the 110/90-16

Probably the 100/80-16

There is no perfect set up on the CRF 80 with awesome tires. We did not have much success with the Pirelli Diablo and the BT45s probably won't fit, even the 100... If it is for fun, just throw a 14" on the front and let the kid ride.... Just my .02...

8. dieterly

Cam,

I'm all for the kid just run, I doubt he will ever make it big anyway.
    So basically what you are saying is to replace the 16" front with a 14" and just throw on some scooter tires on both ends?

9. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^^ I think the CRF70 front bolts up as well and is a 14 to match the rear - hub and all

10. TurboBlew

11. dieterly

Thanks guys! 120 both front and rear?

12. TurboBlew

yes that will fit.

13. dieterly

Thanks Turbo, see ya at Bushnell...

14. dieterly

One more thing... I can't find any inner tubes for 120/14 tire. Anyone know if 90/100 tube would work?

15. TurboBlew

I used the stock tubes. Ive noticed the cheapo bike distributor brand tubes are total junk these days. Robby Bobby suggested michelin branded tubes for "better quality".

16. dieterly

Thanks, I just found tubes for 105 tires

17. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

that sounds too wide, but I've never owned an 80...

I run 110's on my XR100.

18. TurboBlew

hence why I included a picture of the 120/80-14 mounted on a CRF80 :Poke: ;)

19. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Want to sell that front wheel?

20. dieterly

I'm keeping the old front just in case....