1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda boots Lorenzo

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, May 21, 2019.

?

Is he toast

1. Yes he's out

34.0%
  2. Nope he will win more than 1 race this season

29.1%
  3. Nope.

36.9%
  1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's even worse than that: they told the media that a change was needed. I don't remember him saying that he was told directly. Then they were surprised when he signed with Honda.

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'll bet that if (God forbid - I'm not wishing or anything), Marquez ends up out for any period of time, Honda throws a lot more into Lorenzo and he gets competitive real quick.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid:
    But I’m sure JL would have really pushed hard and put his neck on the line trying to develop the Suzuki. They would have been crazy to sign him considering JL thinks Suzuki is beneath him and his toughness. :D

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Honestly, what more can they throw at him for this season? Other then making the one ergonomics change the bike seems to work pretty well from what other riders are doing. Their engine has certainly closed the gap more on top speed and it has good drive. Stability while under braking seems very good as well. It’s not like they are just ignoring helping him now. Of course if MM was unable to race, the urgency for JL becomes magnified but I think he’s already receiving adequate support and effort from Honda. If anything move Cal up and place JL on a sat. team.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Why do you hate George’s butler? :Poke:

6. Lawn Dart

Does he?

7. Lawn Dart

His trip to Japan to work on ergonomics is going to be telling. If he can get the right setup there, I think he'll come to grips with the bike. His style is nothing like Marquez, so I don't think "seems to work pretty well from what other riders are doing" is applicable (and I'm not shitting on what you're saying - you're right. If he had a style more like Marquez, he'd be doing awesome). I realize he's sort of a finicky rider, but man is he awesome to watch when it comes together.

I read a Spanish article that indicated he thought about retiring when things fell apart with Ducati. He's never seemed to lack confidence to me, but maybe he's pushing to hard and lacking some of his mojo and just needs to get it back.

Razr and G 97 like this.
  8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

He was probably asking for $15mil to ride the Zook

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Rumor was much much less than that. More than Honder is paying him but no where near Ducati or even Yamaha cash.

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

:D touche

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

How does that explain qualifying?

Sent from my smatrfone

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Possibly his injury or the effects from it, isn’t as healed up as we think? No idea.

13. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Or just admit that Marky mark is just that damn good and is the only rider who consistently can ride that honder to its limit. The other 3 honder riders have produced results no where near his.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I still say J Lo is suffering from accumulated head knocks.

15. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Id bet that scahpoid is holding him back some, especially with those crazy high braking forces on a GP machine. They may be trying some different ergos to help avoid that issue. Either way that boy does have some head issues.

16. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Rumor had it that Monster was even willing to kick in some additional scratch to make things work with Suzuki. We can always hope for 2021, right?

17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Fixed

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fk no.

Cannoli likes this.
  19. I can't believe HRC doesn't surf the beeb. If they did, they would know the solution has been here all along.

Foot anchors.

20. Fuckinhell. I was too late. :mad:

Phl218 likes this.