1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda 600 RR Exhaust suggestions

Discussion in 'Tech' started by fzrkidd, Nov 26, 2022.

1. fzrkidd

fzrkidd Well-Known Member

I have a 2018 with a Yosh slip on currently on it, but I'm thinking about going to a full exhaust system. Should I stick with the Yosh system or is there something out there that is drastically better?

If I stick with the Yosh can I just buy the header and midpipe? or will I have to buy a whole new system?

2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Why?

The bike will make marginally more power, once tuned. It’s a lot of money, for so little. You lose the catalytic converter, so it’ll be smelly. It’ll be louder. It won’t make you faster. And, the slip-on setup you have looks good and sounds good, already. Put your money toward something worthwhile.

StaccatoFan and fzrkidd like this.
  3. Michael Bassani

Michael Bassani Well-Known Member

If it's a race bike the only benefit to putting on a full system is to get a nice tune installed and dropping a bit of weight.

The CBR has really tricky on/off throttle from the factory (at least my 2014 did) and a tune after installing a full system made the on/off throttle characteristics while getting on throttle in a corner much better.

But like Ducnut said, if this bike is going to be on the street, why?