1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homemade White Castle Like Burgers

Discussion in 'General' started by Gumby647, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

I just got done gorging myself on some homemade mini cheese burgers. I cooked them with moist onions to get some steam and set the buns on top of the meat. I had to slice a dill to get pickle chips thin enough not to over power and I found the perfect dinner rolls that are just the right size to be the buns.
    The only place I fell short was I did have enough steam to get the top of the bun to soften up. The taste was almost dead on and since they were made with good meat hopefully they won't come sliding out in 30mins.
    Some of the recipes I found on the net were scary and used baby food meat and dried onions. They also had you poke the holes in the meat and freeze it before cooking. I wasn't prepared to carry it quite that far.

Just thought I'd share because if you're in the south like me there's not much you can do when you get the crave. Krystal Sucks!!

2. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

gotta love me some sliders!! yum!!

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

that crazy japanese dude ate almost 100 crystals in 10 minues yesterday. :eek:

4. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Today: Japan has their first launch of a human into orbit?
    :D

5. YB929RR

YB929RR Are you gettin it?

Man, do ya have any left over cause I'm on the way.....hahaha

6. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

Actually I did have some left over. We put them i the fridge but I don't think there will be anyway to revive them. :(

7. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

You have to eat Krystals that fast. If you took 15min to eat 100 would have to go to the toilet before you got to number 80. :Puke:

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

9. V7 Jerry

V7 Jerry Well-Known Member

I just moved to Lexington about a year ago and all they have is that nasty ass white castle. Everytime I go back to the south I have to stop and get the tasty goodness of Krystals.

White Castle Sucks!!

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Krystals are a bad imitation (mustard? WTF?) of the original :p

11. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Ahhhhh...White Castle. Far better than Krystal in terms of taste (who puts mustard on a hamburger???) but still a belly bomb. Drinking all night? Go to WC. You either felt better after eating them or threw up, which made you feel better anyway.

White Castle in Lynbrook is one of the only places in metro NY that still sells knishes. Even Nathans stopped selling them. A criminal act if you ask me.

:up:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  12. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I don't believe I have ever been in a White Castle sober.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gimme 6 with cheese and an onion ring.

14. Putter

You will get nothing and like it.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Putter, in march, in addition to the run to the grocery, we're going to find a white castle in, around or with-in 100 miles of VIR. :D

Get in the car, crank up the black flag and hold on! :D

16. Putter

LOL.

You get the mustard this time. :D

Gimme Gimme Gimme!

17. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

white castles

when I was 16 I'd ride my harley-davidson 125 rapido the 75 miles to louisville and eat white castles and chase it with a cup of coffee at the corner of eastern parkway and bardstown road ( old us 150) . they never tasted the same anywhere else . they tore that place down 20 yrs ago ( dang) and I wish I still had the rapido ( sniff, sniff) .the best to all b bill and darethea

18. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Think you can get Krystals in Richmond,if not for sure in Berea

19. V7 Jerry

V7 Jerry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I found one on 64 on the way to the firing range and there's one down on exit 30ish on 75 south, but i'm not making a 140mile round trip just to have some Krystals on the weekend. The company I work for has plants in GA and AL so I just grab some on the companies dime each time I'm down there.

20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

dude, Putter didn't even have anything nearly as nasty as WhiteCastle/Krystals last year, and he was still shitting all over the place.

:D