1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home/Security Cameras Redux

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jan 5, 2022.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I know its been discussed here in the past, but with tech, the improvements come exponentially quicker, but what is the latest on home security cameras?

While taking down Christmas decorations, the TV was on in the background and an informercial for the Blink (Amazon) system was on that looked good.

I like the ease of use, wireless aspect, rolling storage or USB storage, and reasonable in cost.

No need for a doorbell cam, just one or two outdoor cameras. Before I buy, I just wanted to check for other similar options.

Thanks in advance.

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Bought the blink 3 years ago. Great system, reasonable cost, and yet to have to replace the batteries in either of the 3.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've gone pretty much all in with Simpli Safe. The indoor cameras with the silicone cover for them work great outdoors, the doorbell cam rocks, don't have one of the new outdoor ones to play with yet. Ease of use and setup is amazing.

4. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

5. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

70+ year old retirees. Not only do they watch but mine will chase problems.

wheelz96, KneeDragger_c69 and DrA5 like this.
  6. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Wyze or simplisafe for ease of use. I have both and they are very good.