1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home improvement projects!

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Dec 3, 2022.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

let’s see em!!

spent 20 bucks in paint and my lady grabbed 10 bucks in dollar tree Christmas shite and redid my bathroom today. Gonna add a floating glass shower door thingamajig at some point in the near future.

never mind the crap in the hallway we’re throwing away lol

just call me Chunti Homemaker!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    BigBird and lopitt85 like this.
  2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

With this move to TN, and the crazy market back in June, we purchased a remodeled older/smaller home. Short on storage space and counter tops, I connected and installed these two 24x84 pantries and ordered this little mobile island. Kitchen is much more functional now.

Gonna install two more of these pantries in the laundry room too.

Screenshot_20221203_193228_Gallery.jpg

Edit: also had a detached/pre-built garage installed. Did some work prepping the floor and started moving all my tools and stuff in today. Gonna organize it all tomorrow then I'll post up some pics. I hated not having my tools at home and having to run to storage everytime I needed something.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    BigBird and cortezmachine like this.
  3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You painted the tile?

tony 340 likes this.
  4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I used high quality automotive satin black on the tile that I got from work. There’s a little spot I fucked up at the bottom that I have to fill in

5. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

If prepped right it will look good and hold up well. I've done it before.

6. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

The guys that coated one of my bathtubs said the same thing.

4 years later and it was peeling everywhere

7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

What did they use? Because as I said I used automotive satin. And the tile was dry and porous/patina so it absorbed well. This won’t peel

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Broome would have just bought a new building.

BigBird, tony 340 and cortezmachine like this.
  9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Finally mounted my damn tv last week too. Had it since we bought the tv a year ago and just had it sitting against the wall on the coffee table. We’ve put a shit ton of work into this place. It was craptastic when we moved in. Place looks small in the pics because the tv is so big but my ceilings are 13.5 and ft tall

Attached Files:

TurboBlew and BigBird like this.
  10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I like the big piece above the TV!

11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Thanks! I love it. It’s huge. Was suppose to be the other way around but when I looked at it I immediately said “that looks like hell, but upside down” so when I hung it i oriented it the way I saw it.

Attached Files:

BigBird and Yzasserina like this.
  12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Remodeling sucks.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I replaced the flapper in the tank in the guest bath yesterday. That's my project for the week. :cool:

javyday and henry_carlson like this.
  14. 418

418 Expert #59

Domesticated.

BigBird likes this.
  15. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Remodeling has provided me with food in my stomach and a
    house to live in for almost 30 years, and I don’t think it sucks at all. I still enjoy going to work everyday.

16. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

…. Check out the black or grey thread…

17. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

BigBird likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

Knees deep in a Kitchen remodel right now. Bye 1981

upload_2022-12-4_13-35-17.jpeg

Hello 2024

upload_2022-12-4_13-35-36.jpeg

Quartz countertops coming tomorrow

Put in new window last weekend.
    Next up is subway tile on window wall and range hood.
    Couple of doors and drawers, RO under sink system, some trim and lights and all done …

TurboBlew, BigBird, 418 and 3 others like this.
  19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I cut out a leaking shutoff valve (hadn't been used in 30 years, got master remodeled and once that guy used it the leak started). Tried to use a metric fookton of JB water weld (I believe it was three whole packages) and it didn't work, so decided to try to learn how to solder.

Practiced in the garage, watched some videos, and was all ready to rock 'n roll. Turned off the main, cut the pipes, and couldn't get the water to stop dripping so wasn't able to solder it. Went back to Home Depot, bought a $20 shark bite which I should've just done in the first place :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

BigBird, pfhenry and Phl218 like this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

@SuddenBraking is it a 2 story house? If so you have to open all the upstairs faucets and downstairs for awhile to get most everything to drain and then just have towels around to soak it up.

I’ve soldered, but haven’t used shark bites but have read they are good?

Now I have PEX, because we kept getting pinhole leaks in the copper pipes here, on a house built in 95. Evidently leaking copper pipes from pinholes in the middle of a run are quite common in this area?