1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Cervical Traction Devices?

Discussion in 'General' started by deathwagon, Nov 13, 2015.

1. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I have some smooshed discs in my neck that are becoming more problematic lately. Someone recommended neck traction, so I think I'll give it a shot. I ordered one of those over the door sling doohickies from Amazon, but it was shit. The max neck hole size was only 12.5" and my neck size hasn't been that small since I was 8 years old. Does anyone have a recommendation for a home contraption, other than a noose and a skittish horse?

2. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I did a big 50 mph cartwheel yard sale, downhill skiing a few years ago, and used one of those things, and it worked very well. Maybe try to find one that fits? I got mine at a medical pharmacy, and got to try it on before buying. Definitely minimal engineering in it, but it sure worked!

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

sorry, wrong cervix

4. deathwagon

Came up short on this one too? Lol.

5. deathwagon

Thanks Linker. You wouldn't happen to have the brand and model of yours, would you? I don't have the option of trying one locally.

6. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Sent you a PM.

7. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I bought a Saunders cervical traction device several years back. It wasn't cheap (around $400), but I do think it works great. I bought it on ebay from a medical supply in Georgia. A chiropractor and the physical therapist I was going to at the time I bought it both had good things to say about it. It has 3 elevation presets to target different areas of your upper spine. It feels reasonably comfortable when I am using it. I do think it does a good job and I still use it if I am having any neck issue or if I just want to stretch and loosen up my neck and shoulders.

8. deathwagon

Jeebus. My spine isn't worth $400. Maybe $175 max :)

_indy is a good man. He's sending me a sling contraption that's collecting dust in his basement and all I have to do is pay shipping and then send him a picture of me using it while wearing a blond wig and lipstick. Seems legit. :D

9. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Bonus a wig in the deal.. Got the box, send your address and I'll get it out. Sent you a link of the gizmo, gee there not cheap.
    Hope it helps.

Yes it's the Saunders.

10. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Sorry I don't, but as well as other places, they sell them at Walgreen's. There will be plenty of places to try one locally before you buy.

11. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

In the mail, should be there Monday.

12. deathwagon

_indy is a seriously standup guy. He sent a total stranger a $400 contraption, purely out of the kindness of his heart.

Mark, some Texas firewater of questionable quality is headed your way :D