1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home cardio.....

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Nov 28, 2019.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Currently, we have a Horizon Elliptical (that doesn’t have the most natural stride feel compared to other models), cushioned deck treadmill and a Concept2 rower. Looking to sell the elliptical and treadmill to get something else. Maybe the Bowflex Max trainer? Something in the Nordictrack line? Something else? My wife is showing interest in finally working out and wants something in the elliptical area or similar. What do you have/like/recommend?

As a heads up, I do have a training center where I have bumper plates, DBs, kettlebells, squat racks, TRXs, landmine trainer, ropes, sandbags, sleds, tires, etc, but my wife does not have interest in going there to work out. So, the only options I am looking for from the thread would be in home cardio options, other than a rower that I’ll be keeping. Once I get her going on that, I’ll work her towards resistance training and maybe get some boot camps out of her.

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Cybex makes some great natural stride ellipticals. You can usually find some commercial grade ones on Craigslist about 6 -7 years old for under $400.

DrA5 likes this.
  3. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I am not really into the elliptical scene,I like the treadmill and stationary bike. Rower is ok.

4. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Check out treadmilldoctor.com. They have lots of reviews of various cardio equipment.

DrA5 likes this.
  5. sdgers

sdgers Well-Known Member

If she likes elliptical motion, then maybe look at a Precor AMT. The stride length is controlled by the user. They are $$$ but you may be able to find a used one.

DrA5 likes this.
  6. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Wife and I bought a Peloton last year and we love it! Multiple options from riding to workouts with multiple types of instruction and music.
    We have ours connected to Bluetooth speakers around the room and it’s like a cycle center in there.
    Just an option.

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

How do you like the concept 2 rower? Been thinking of getting one.

8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Consider a nice road bicycle, a Saris 3 or Wahoo Kicker smart trainer and Zwift.
    You can put the rear wheel on and go outside on nice days, and ride Watopia, New York, London or some other place they offer
    like this time of year when it's not so nice outside.

Senna and Cannoli like this.
  9. Quicktoy

I wish someone would make a rollerblading elliptical.

10. What you need is another elliptical, so you have two. Then you can put them both in the front yard, and just stand in front of yours, waiting for a challenge and wishing a motherfucker would.

zamboiv, Banditracer, Senna and 4 others like this.
  11. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Regular bike + wheel off smart trainer + zwift

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Just insult her cooking and let her chase you with a meat cleaver. Then you both get some cardio :D

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  13. ChemGuy

Treadmill.
    Easier that way

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do you know what's the hardest part about rollerblading?

15. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Telling your family that you're ghey?

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That’s the joke

17. ChemGuy

Finding the right shorts?

[​IMG]

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  18. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Their rower and ski machine will surprise you with how effective they are, if I had room for a home gym, I'd have both. If you're not happy, look up the price and speed they go for used in the local craigslist/facebook marketplaces. Doubt you'll be disappointed, either way. If you want the "Peloton" rowing experience and are willing to pay a ridiculous subscription fee, Hydrow's are being heavily discounted for the holidays.

19. Quicktoy

I’m 40 and will still drop into a 10 foot half pipe ;). Call me gay all ya want lol.

Ducti89 likes this.
  20. Quicktoy

And nothing gets your legs ripped for snowboarding like rollerblading. And I got a trip in 60 days.