1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy Crap in the drag racing world!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

2. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I guess they feel if there's no top tier (NHRA), what's the point moving forward.

3. jaws211

jaws211 My Monkey Made Me Do It!

Really going to miss those Etown cheese burgers...

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Wow. I'm guessing local government BS?.

5. jaws211

jaws211 My Monkey Made Me Do It!

Of all things Auto auctions and auto storage

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I would bet so, my grandma lives in a retirement place in old bridge and she can hear the fuel cars when they launch.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yeah saw this yesterday. IIRC, the Drag Strip was there first and then they built all those homes nearby after.

So why complain now

vdub 2.0 likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Same reason people up in some new homes in Dulles bitch about the airport.

Because the world revolves around them.

panthercity and BigBird like this.
  9. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Those fuckers are noisy...

[​IMG]

JJJerry, badmoon692008 and BigBird like this.
  10. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Wasn't it because of the lack of runoff at Englishtown they came up w/ the 1000' crap...

panthercity likes this.
  11. noles19

Same reason Roebling now has a sound limit, houses get more votes than the track.

12. noles19

Have no idea what you're talking about:Poke::crackup:

13. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I was thinking that was more related to where they park boom lifts and goodyear not being able to keep a tire together...

JJJerry likes this.
  14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You didn't read the article, did you. They cannot expand their runoff area due to being "landlocked"

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    panthercity likes this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

hmmm...i read the other articles which didn't mention that. considering they built a small racing circuit, off-road track, and other things, landlocked would have been last on my list of things they were.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well.....at least the MX stuff is staying open if I recall correct.

vdub 2.0 likes this.
  17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Landlocked on runoff for the drag strip for sure. I just check checked google maps, and they probably can't go another foot in that direction. For the big drag races, that's an issue. Especially considering Kalitta's death there. They're probably trying to leverage every other form of motorsports they can squeeze onto their land to try and remain in business.

18. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

etown.jpg We moved to Marlboro in 68 or 69 (I grew up in the yellow circle...mom still lives there) and Etown was just a bit under a 1.5mi walk thru the woods. Everything boxed out on the red was not there until the late 70's/80's. We could hear the announcers from our house and the top fuel and funny cars would rattle the house. This is a sad day for the area and a huge loss to the racing community and to local businesses.

However, I don't think it was the neighbors this time as it seems this was a decision by the Napps.

RIP E-Town drag racing....

BigBird likes this.
  19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Sucks...

[​IMG]

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

if they spun it around and bought that property with the trees behind them, then they good. Or if they built a strip diagonally across their land, then they could get another 1000' of space.