1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hobbies (non mc related ones), let's hear them???

Discussion in 'General' started by XFBO, Dec 30, 2015.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Sooo I've slowly been acquiring a few used/new woodworking tools these past few months. Earlier this year was a mig welder.....it would seem as if I have a mild 'problem' with tool buying.

Anyhow, my latest interest is....(don't freakin laugh)....a wood lathe, I'm genuinely interested in trying 'turning' some stuff. :D

Anyone here do it? If not WTF do you do when not around MC's????

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I've always wanted a kickass stereo system. The past few years I've been working on it. I had a decent Yamaha 7.2 channel AVR, but needed better front channel speakers. I acquired a pair of Klipsch Palladium speakers, but then realized my AVR couldn't bring out the best of these speakers. So I bought a Emotive 500x2 amp, and an Emo pre-amp. That made a HUGE difference in sound, more clarity, depth, much more bass also. My next purchase will be a better cd player, probably an Oppo. I would also like to try some tube amplification, or SET amps.

Another hobby is music related also, guitars. I keep buying guitars, basses, and amps, and hoping I will get better after each purchase. I just need to practice more.

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I wish I could do some machining and or woodwork, but equipment just takes too much money and space.

I use to be into RC cars, lots of indoor tracks where you can race during the winter.
    Besides that tennis and lifting heavy stuff (at least heavy for me haha).

4. GSmann

GSmann Well-Known Member

Upgrading this..

[​IMG]

Disc brakes were first.

[​IMG]

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I drink beer, work on my house (yes I enjoy it), and beat up...I mean...'play with'....my chillins. And then have more beer.

It's the perfect life. (smile emoticon)

Ghost of Casby likes this.
  6. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Golf and ice hockey. I really need to find a "cheap" hobby

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Hockey here too. I've played going on almost 40 years now and starting the winter league next weekend. I'm also my wife's tennis backboard. She's a 4.0 player and uses me for practice even though I'm only about a 3.5 myself. We played doubles last night with my son and brother. And I'm a drummer in a shitty garage band that plays every Thursday night for the last twenty years.

8. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

Rock Climbing:
    [​IMG]
    Also, spending time with the boy playing with his "Monster Trucks":
    [​IMG]

GSmann likes this.
  9. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

smokin' dope and drinkin' wine..

but that is a former one. when Im "not around MCs", Im finding a way to be.

10. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

machining and fabrication

Attached Files:

XFBO likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Looking /dreaming about parts for either the bikes or car
    I love me some tools too...I forget what i have and just buy the same thing over a lot of times :\
    Watching Sports (racing, football, basketball, baseball)
    Playing Fantasy Sports
    Playing sport games on the PS4
    Watching movies; zombie like watching; I'm not the type to say wow that plot was extraordinary because Jack blah blah...let me lose myself for a couple hours, drink a couple beers and eat some popcorn and I'm good.

12. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Camping with the family, coaching The Boy's baseball team and football team, and 4 days a week between the dojo and the dance studio for The Girl would probably qualify as my "hobbies"!

However... I built this

[​IMG]

for The Boy's surprise Christmas gift, which is this

[​IMG]

And I've got another 25'-30' of track to mix in there as well. Right now it's a 6-car setup. Something tells me that this will become my new time-consumer. But so far it's been good Dad-Boy time!

13. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Ski racing except the winter here in PA sucks this year. My first race is supposed to be next week...no snow. :(

15. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

This is Yellow Creek in Alabama. Near SandRock.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  16. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

T hat looks really nice. I may have to take an extra day or 2 if I make it down to Barber this year. :beer:

17. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I like building scale models. Mostly WWII US subjects.

[​IMG]

rd400racer likes this.
  18. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Masturbating

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Is this your bass drum? Huge bass drum.jpg

rd400racer likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Watches, I guess and dumpster diving.