1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOAs

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Is anyone here on an hoa board? It looks like im being pushed into being a member at mine.

What can i expect, besides tearing my eyes out?

Also, is there a specific site that i can reference hoa case law?

As always, thanks in advance!

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I hate my HOA and want to shit on the front stoop of every board member and burn down the garden sheds of every one of their stooges.

and I'm one of the nice ones towards our HOA.

What can you expect? Me.

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Tell them you cannot be on the board, as you are licensed to carry a firearm at all times. This will allow you to easily use it during all HOA related meetings, etc. And all uses would be ruled justifiable homicide.

rd49 likes this.
  4. Ducti89

I kinda figured this is the response (appropriate response) i would get. If anything, my goal would be to make it less intrusive and cheaper.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Going to change the machine from the inside! I'm going to make a difference! I'm going to . . . get ground down under the wheels of bureaucracy and eventually turn into what you hate most.

and shit. :D

How big is the HOA and development? How f@cked up is shit really?

6. Ducti89

Not a chance of turning into what i hate most. Thats why i left policing; its not about crime anymore, its about politics. Trust me, ive had my balls on that line.

This hoa is very lax; boats and 5th wheels in everyones driveways. And thats how I’d like to keep it; peoples’ money in the peoples pocket.

The.Johnner likes this.
  7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

But on the Board, you'll still be seen as "the man" and be the bad guy. Its a no-win situation.
    Do it if you feel its required. Else, run away.

YamahaRick likes this.
  8. Ducti89

No, I dont feel its required but if i can keep other people who think everyone else's money is their money out, why not try and keep that mindset out?

Believe me, Ive had enough power and authority in my life. My participation would only curb power and authority types from gaining the seat.

beac83, beechkingd and The.Johnner like this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I "know" a dude that's on the board of directors of the local sports "collective" and on the board for lacrosse and he or she came in as the enema they needed to keep it affordable and not turn into Maryland lacrosse.

He's done, just worn out from the constant bullshit, the parents, the other board members and just done.

Really, not trying to discourage you, just telling you what I see. I HATE my HOA, hate them mieces to pieces.

10. Ducti89

No. I appreciate all the input.
    Its quiet here, little expenses. We dont have a pool or gym to maintain.

I would just try and keep the cost low as much as i can since most folks in here are retired. I know theyre on a fixed income and i want to protect them.

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Just another reminder to myself why I'll never live in a HOA

klebs01, tony 340, rd400racer and 3 others like this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know what, do it! You can make a change if you just don't let people get to you (and they will work you every angle).

The drunk at 10 am housewives, the amateur attorneys, the real attorneys, the dickholes, the dillholes, the dp whateverholes. . .

I hate my HOA but they mostly do a good job when they do their jobs. lol!

13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

OP, imagine your worst nightmare ... upon your appointment, your entire neighborhood turns into a group of Dave K's ...

Ducti89 likes this.
  14. Ducti89

I appreciate the honesty as a member. Ill think it over more and wait for me responses.

15. Ducti89

I can talk about True lacrosse and hockey sticks all day!

Jed and YamahaRick like this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just remember they will come to you for late trash pickup, dog shit it common areas, christmas lights still up january 15 (had the HOA stooge come by about mine yesterday. they are up on purpose), people mixing up their recycling in with non recyclables, loud cars, quiet cars (the deaf need to be able to hear the cars! an actual topic from my HOA board meeting), people that don't live there doing something. . .

Don't give out your personal mobile number (but they will get it) and email address.

Good luck, you'll do awesome! You said you were thinking about it, it's too late, you're in. lol!

17. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I went to an HOA meeting once when I lived in Bama and now they have a Police officer at every meeting. Hate HOAs, especially members who think they’re gods and untouchable.

jfcasley and noles19 like this.
  18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

A tornado hit my gf's neighborhood that had a HOA, somebody came around a few days later and fined all the houses that had shutters ripped off..
    Fuck that shit.

19. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

People will rarely respect your time, nor remember that you are a volunteer.

You’ll get pulled in the middle of stupid quarrels

Nothing to gain, lots to loose.

don’t do it.

YamahaRick likes this.
  20. The.Johnner

The.Johnner Active Member

My neighbor (good guy) is on the board of our HOA and he doesn't complain about it being too much of a pain. I've been to meetings and they've made some good changes recently. We live in a chill neighborhood and the HOA doesn't get too involved. Seems like it really depends on your neighbors. :beer: