1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hino trucks?

Discussion in 'General' started by burnham, Dec 13, 2014.

1. burnham

burnham Well-Known Member

Anyone here drive a Hino? I'm looking at one for a work truck (electrician) that has 40k on the clock, and seems really nice. From what I gather, it's a Toyota? This truck is overkill for what I would use it for, so it's perfect. The plan would be to sell my personal truck, get a beater car, and have this to work out of and tow my trailer to the track. It's got a 4 cylinder diesel with 175HP, and I figure it should get decent mileage and have enough power. I'm wondering how reliable they are, and how expensive parts are. I've always run Chevy Express cube vans, but would like something that would hold up a little better and go 400k. Thanks.
    http://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/listing/2008-Hino-145-113286160

2. burnham

Bah! nevermind... *this truck has been sold* Second one I've missed.

3. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Sprinter.

4. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

The 195h DC Hybrid is a very capable machine for and crazy city millage numbers

5. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

I used to own one (Hino 4cyl TD). Great, reliable truck that is still going strong today from what I hear. Low maint. machine with great gas mileage and decent power. Loved that truck!!

6. burnham

Thanks guys, good to hear. I've found a couple more trucks but haven't gone and looked at anything yet. Prices on used trucks and box vans seem really high right now.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Used car prices have been through the roof for a while now.