1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hillary given full pardon soon

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jrsamples, Nov 10, 2016.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Many of the harsh mandatory minimum sentences for drug dealing and 3 strikes laws are state laws, not federal laws. There is not much the federal government could do for those except maybe legalize MJ to prevent it from being a felony offense. I don't think the country was ready for that when Obama had both houses of Congress in Democratic control.

With that said, they could have reduced some of the minimums for some of the federal crimes if they thought they were too strict. I understand why Obama and the Democrats did it this way instead. This way everyone just blames Obama. The Democrats in Congress don't have to explain why they are "soft on crime" in the next election cycle. Many of those on Obama's list were just commuted, not pardoned, so they will still be labeled felons with no right to vote in many states, hard to get a job, get a lease, buy a home, get a loan, or own a firearm, so it won't be an easy life.

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

They weren't ready for Obama Care either but then it had to be passed so we could read it.

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

The bitch is going down for crimes not related to unsecured servers and handling of classified material. Obama is part of the e-mail stuff so he made sure she, and he were protected. But, the other stuff is in play and the Clinton crime family is going to burn and Obama will sit back and enjoy the show. Be patient. I'm convinced this was an agreement between Obama and Trump.

kangasj and sheepofblue like this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Which is obviously the best way to prevent recidivism. :rolleyes:

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

In 4 and 1/2 hours we'll know the answer as to whether or not Hilliary gets her free pass......

kangasj likes this.
  7. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Hopefully Odickhead is too busy moving to worry about it. I wonder which one of his friends has the pickup. :D

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I think he actually lost his power at midnight even though Trump hasn't been sworn in yet

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Im not sure you've thought that through.
    He has power until noon. Hence why the inauguration is timed to sync with that as best possible.
    (it's right there in black and white -- Amendment XX Sect. 1).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you saying there is no president for 12 hours? I think that can only happen when one dies in power.

11. dsapsis

Hence my comment. It would be an interesting SCOTUS case if circumstance were to get in the way. Clearly (again, directly from the Consitution) power transfers with the oath.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Are there any restrictions on actions the sitting president can take at any time up to noon on inauguration day?

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

You are correct. Sorry.

14. dsapsis

I wouldn't think so, other than perceived decorum. We have 16 minutes to find out though :D

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No pardon from Obama.

kangasj likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Probably not on paper but in practice, restrictions started the day after the election.

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

From my understanding, someone is always in power. They may not be sworn in right away, but the chain of command is never broken.

18. Ty

Ty Well-Known Member

Are pardons required to be disclosed or can she whip out a piece of paper right before the cuffs go on?

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There is probably one on her private server.

20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I was hoping Obama would pardon her but I didn't think he was that stupid...there would only be downside for him. This way it is Trump's problem. If he (ie T) were to pardon her then his "lock-her-up" base is disappointed...If he allows her to be investigated/prosecuted then the lib's have even another reason to hate him...