1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High value target surrounded by Pakistani troops on Afghan border.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by tcasby, Mar 18, 2004.

1. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Just heard this on NPR. Could it be..??

2. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

If it IS Osama, I hope they shoot him on the spot.

Like Bruce Willis' character in Tears of the Sun said, "Let him bleed out."

:up:

3. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Naw, he needs the Sadam video treatment first. Humiliation is far more effective than martyrdom.

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Looks like its Ayman al-Zawahiri according to CNN

5. tcasby

tcasby Banned

He'll do. I would guess he's a more currently active player right now. Should help things out in Iraq.

6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

He's a more desirable catch from a practical viewpoint, but nailing Osama's ass would still be extremely valuable in a symbolic sense.
    But I suspect that even if we got both of them, we still have a long way to go in order to kill this beast.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When do the tanks start rolling on Demascus?

Time to stop being so nice.

8. dave333

dave333 traveler

Yep.

9. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

10. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

1) They're not downplaying anything. They've said he's "the most dangerous man on earth." I don't know how you can be any more clear than that. Osama is the figurehead; this guy is the brains of the operation. Osama would be a symbolic victory; this guy is a tactical victory if he can be killed or captured.

2) You don't celebrate until he's dead or in custody. They're in a very remote, rugged area that is littered with caves and escape routes. They're fighting an adversary that is heavily armed and well-motivated. The Pakistanis lost 18 trucks and 45 soldiers within a very short period of time after arriving at this location. The terrorists aren't going down without a fight.

When US Special Forces are standing over his bullet-riddled body, then the celebrations can begin. After they pack his carcass with bacon, of course.

11. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I like the capture and humiliate thing. We can always execute them later, either for murder or war crimes.

Would you call the humiliation thing being "Saddamized"?:D

12. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

13. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Only if it can be accomplished with no loss of allied life. Otherwise, kill 'em all and let Allah sort them out.

He won't be taken alive is my prediction. He'll go down swinging for the same reason that Saddam's two sons went down swinging: none of them want to face the music for their crimes. Saddam's sons knew we'd turn them over to the Iraqi people eventually and when that happened they'd get some payback for all the atrocities they've committed over the years. I'm guessing that this guy figures he'll be tortured, and worse, by US forces if he surrenders. Beyond that, he'll also be humiliated and then finally be put to death for his crimes. So I'm betting he chooses to go down in a hail of bullets.

But if we DO capture him, get medieval on his ass. Break out the pliers and blowtorches, for sure. It's only illegal to torture human beings; terrorists aren't human.

14. tcasby

tcasby Banned

Time to give the Pakistanis a couple of Daisy Cutters. Suck to oxygen right out of those caves.