1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey tile guys

Discussion in 'General' started by Tristan, Jan 20, 2017.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

2. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

I always do solid sills for curbs.
    you can get leveler to pour over the heated mat
    make sure you foam all the corners, door ways and any place you dont want it to go. it basically a thin slurry when you pour it and it runs EVERYWHERE!

I always use Durock. I hate Hardi backer.

Attached Files:

3. YZROOSTINYA

I tried to load some other pics but cant figure out how to make them smaller.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Here is your answer. He thinks it is fun. Hire him to come help for a day or so. While you are at it, give him Kentucky Bourbon and a day or two riding motorcycles....and he may do it for free.:D

Razr and BigBird like this.
  5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

how so?

6. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

I used something similar. Put cement backer board over the entire (wood) subfloor first, then laid out the mat. When the layout was dialed in, I hot glued the mat down to hold it in place and troweled the thin set over the mat. It is a pain in the a$$ troweling over the mat for sure. And I found out the hard way the thermal probe is THICKER than everything else. Was tough to get that tile leveled. For dang sure use the audible continuity tester while you are laying the tile, cause if you cut a wire and find out after all the tile is set, you'll want to kill yourself.

BigBird likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

One more caution...the pour in place leveler is intended to do what the name implies...level. Your floor can be flat enough for tile without being level.

noles19 likes this.
  8. Use foam :)

9. Tristan

No doubt! I'm not optimistic enough to think it's gonna be "fun". RD- if working on Triumph electrical issues is also on your "fun" list please come on over! My Tiger 1050 has been sitting for a couple months cause I'm sick of working on it.

rd400racer likes this.
  10. Tristan

Like a line of "great stuff" around the perimeter?

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Truth be told, if he lived close to me I would give a hand. And yes, bourbon would be required:D

Come to think of it, I owe Tristan because he found my latest motorcycle for me

Razr and Boman Forklift like this.
  12. Tristan

Which one did you get?

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

The Bandit in Georgetown. Sum bitch gets down the road like a scalded ape. Been a while since I had ridden a big inline 4. I like it:D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. YZROOSTINYA

yes, get the window and door model, not the regular large gap filler.

BigBird likes this.
  15. Tristan

Sweet! Those have great torque for an I4

rd400racer likes this.
  16. YZROOSTINYA

17. Tristan

Thanks, never would have thought of that- makes sense.

18. YZROOSTINYA

19. YZROOSTINYA

work new 3.jpg ignore my ugly mug

BigBird likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

I broke all the tiles up, and then saw how much work/time it was going to be to tile, and then hired someone to lay the tile down.