1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Quentin!

Discussion in 'General' started by t11ravis, Aug 5, 2020.

1. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Wasn’t this the infamous 45% race?
    Sorry man, it popped up on my feed and made me laugh...

415F22CC-D040-45EC-A6B0-147FB05C67B8.png

TurboBlew, Cannoli, E Reed and 2 others like this.
  2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

The good'ol days :beer:

t11ravis likes this.
  3. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

I was there
    Tim

t11ravis likes this.
  4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

:oops: Travis you sumbitch! :crackup:Indeed I believe that was the weekend. Man that brings back some memories. Rode up with @ghetto customs and Time Birdsong if I remember correctly. Wasn't supposed to ride endurance that weekend. Can't remember why, but @gixxernaut 's team was down a rider so I ended up filling in. I remember after the 45% incident Kurt Kesler just putting his hand on my shoulder, telling me to go get cleaned up, and grab a beer because it was going to be a long night. He kept his word, never let me live that shit down. Damn I miss that dude. I believe this is also the same weekend Rob got his in-hospital, black and blue face, eye swollen shut picture that he would later send to E when they first started talking after a mutual friend gave them each other's phone numbers and she wanted to know what he looked like. Guess it worked! :crackup: If I recall, he t-boned a downed bike in the back esses. Bike came back in a basket. Crazy weekend. But then again, most of them were to some extent.

TurboBlew and Shenanigans like this.
  5. t11ravis

Excellent memory my man. All of that sounds about right.
    Good times.
    I do remember an impressive amount of damage to that bike... and to Rob’s head.

6. t11ravis

Let me guess... Yellow Buell?

7. redtailracing

Yea if I remember correctly the front wheel was resting comfortably against the oil drain plug and the swingarm was hanging off the bottom perpendicular to the rest of the bike with the rear wheel still attached. Looked like a fucked up unicycle.

I still remember Rob kinda scared some of us that night. He seemed fine immediately after the crash. Then I'm sitting around shooting the shit with him over beers that night and he starts repeating the same cycle of questions to me every 30 seconds. Like what happened, how's the bike, anyone else involved, etc. Stuff that I only knew the answer to because he had told me himself a few hours earlier. Pretty scary shit. Ran over to Pops and told him he needed to get Rob to the hospital and he said something to the effect of "one step ahead of ya. Just had to move some stuff out of the truck first."

Overall fun weekend though. I do wish I could remember who's spot I was taking on the endurance bike. I just remember riding with George, Randy, and Kurt but can't remember who their 4th rider normally was.

t11ravis likes this.
  8. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

There was definitely less than 45% of the bike or my memory left after the crash...combined.

t11ravis and redtailracing like this.
  9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Rob, great to see you pop in! That was a weekend to remember for sure!

[​IMG]

TurboBlew and t11ravis like this.
  10. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Refresh some of our memory- what was the 45% about? you were giving it 45% of your effort or something like that?
    @redtailracing

11. t11ravis

Wow, I didn't remember Tim riding that beast too.

12. redtailracing

Part way through my stint, both my knees just started locking up. No idea why. Don’t know if it was nerve irritation, seating position or what. But I couldn’t move on the bike, lap times were suffering, and I just didn’t feel I had the control over the machine necessary to keep a decent pace safely. So instead of risking wadding up someone else’s machine and risking injury to myself and others, I pulled in at about the 25 minute mark of what was supposed to be an hour stint.

Only thing I can figure is there was something about the seating position of George’s bike that did not agree with my body. My stint was the first time I’d ever ridden it. I had rode the teams B bike, Kurt’s SV, in practice with no issues. And had done plenty of solo 20s on my own bike with no issue. But I felt this problem come on as early as 10 minutes into my stint.

socalrider likes this.
  13. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Yeah it was no worries for sure. We had Randy who was in prime condition to take over.

Tim didn't ride with us he just helped out in the pit.

Sure was fun giving Quentin hell over it though. Almost had to rename the team over that one...

p10475_v_v8_aa.jpg

E Reed, t11ravis and RRP like this.