1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Mongo.. I have been thinking about E superstoc

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Jan 31, 2020.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Here are the current rules;

E SUPERSTOCK EXPERT & NOVICE
    Up to 350cc 4-stroke air or water-cooled twins
    Up to 375cc 4-stroke air or water-cooled singles
    *There will be no bodywork or tire limitations in E Superstock. E Superstock bikes do not need to have DOT approval.

How about if you made these changes?

E SUPERSTOCK EXPERT & NOVICE
    Up to 400cc 4-stroke water-cooled twins
    Up to 500cc 4-stroke air-cooled twins
    Up to 375cc 4-stroke water-cooled singles
    Up to 500cc 4-stroke air cooled singles
    *There will be no bodywork or tire limitations in E Superstock. Air cooled bikes are based on Formula rules. E Superstock bikes do not need to have DOT approval.

This would make it kinda Clubman light and would give some of the smaller vintage bikes and the obsolete singles, like the MZ, FT and SR a place to be.

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Hey Ken, I like those changes

3. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

There was a recent post about this somewhere...but I can't find it.

I mentioned the kz400/440 being allowed to run E with superbike rules and mods like 17" wheels, updated brakes and such.

It would be fun to build an old air cooled twin to run around with the kids on their modern 300's.

Regards,
    Chad

4. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

5. kenessex

That was kind of my thoughts, too. I think the air cooled singles might need to go to 600cc, isn't that what the MZ is? That way the SR 500's can go to a 590 and be a little more competitive, too.
    Maybe it could also have all v1 and v2 bikes indexed in.

Buell1965 likes this.
  6. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

the Mz is 660

7. kenessex

Well, maybe the limit for air cooled singles should be 500 with the MZ specifically indexed in.

Buell1965 likes this.
  8. kenessex

Having given this some more thought, this would be the class for the Honda CB/CM 400/450, the KZ400/440, Suzuki GS 400/425/450/500 and the Yamaha XS/TX 500. It would also include the Ducati 500 Pantah. Should it include the air cooled 2 stroke twins up to 400? That would be the DS7/R5/RD and the Kawasaki Avenger A7(?) and the T350. This should give the vintage guys and guys (and gals) more race weekends if they want to race and a Sunday class for some of them.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Vintage isn't only on Saturday so there is no need for a Sunday class - and while that all sounds good, where are these bikes? They are and have been legal for the other small classes and never show up.

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

2 things...

(1) Ken’s retired... remember that.

(2) this is karmic payback for “about yay far” there Mongo.

:D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

12. kenessex

So, what would be the harm in allowing these bikes in E?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have no idea - and that is what worries me...

tiggen likes this.
  14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, do this now after I've sold my MZ this winter:mad:

Just kidding, I still have the SR:D

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

If it increases grid sizes and helps get old guys out to race with WERA make it happen Mongo. And later if anyone bitches then deal with it

16. kenessex

I may be wrong about this, but I think the 400 ninja is still going to be the bike to beat in this class, no matter what else is put in there of the bikes I suggested. I don't think allowing my suggested bikes into E would take them away from any other class, just allow them one more if they wanted it. Worst case is that none of the bikes allowed would show up, so there would be no changes to the E grids. Best case is that some of the different bikes would show up and increase the grids. We might get to see some interesting bikes.

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Holy shit Ken when was the last time you saw one of those? Those things were bad ass
    [​IMG]

RRP likes this.
  18. kenessex

They were totally cool, that is why I mentioned it. But, I doubt anybody has one or would bring it out. I also bet it would get its ass kicked by a 400 ninja.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummmmm, no. E is money races for some.

20. kenessex

You mean you shouldn't let bikes into a class that aren't eligible for manufacturer's contingency because it might take money away from riders on bikes that are eligible, if they get beat by bikes that are not eligible?
    So, those riders on 2017 or newer Honda, Kawasaki or Yamaha should get preference for E, even though everybody would be eligible for Bridgestone and vanson, etc contingency. I don't see any Ducati contingency, how come they are allowed in classes where Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki and BMW pay?

I guess I just fail to see the validity of that argument, but then again, I am not running the organization.