1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey MATT hows your finger?

Discussion in 'General' started by xMETALx, Apr 25, 2004.

1. xMETALx

xMETALx Member

i heard that you actually fractured it at barber....you gonna ave to take some time off racing or no?
    hows it going otherwise? you should come racing in texas sometime...even tho ben will probably be out for a little bit.
    WEST-E

2. xMETALx

xMETALx Member

3. svdale

svdale That's my Baby

Is Ben ok? Dont know Ben, but that didnt look so good, hopefully everything turned out ok,

Last edited: Apr 25, 2004
  4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yikes, I got dizzy just watching that.Time to get a tripod:Poke:

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

West-E,
    Matt's finger is broken, BUT he is taking care of it Icing it and keeping the splint on it, and is rehabing it slowly, we will be @ Nashville.
    Tell all the Texans thanks for their help setting up our stuff and also for helping get it down........:)

See ya soon?

6. dude

What actually happened there? The bike looked as though it was nearly straight up and down when the front came out from under him. Did something break, or lock up? Hope he's alright! Good place for a guard rail.

7. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

It appears to me that the back end slid a little bit and sent him into a bit of a tank slapper and then he went down. :wow:

8. xMETALx

xMETALx Member

Re: dude

oh that sucks man.... that last race of the day was terrible...i remember seeing matt's bike spinning down the track on the back straight..then it stopped in the middle of the track and i had to avoid hitting it...and i thought for sure they would red flag the race...nope....so i was like WTF. then the next lap i saw ben's bike doing the same thing down the front straight...and i went by the start/finish line, and the crash and the bike in the track is in plain view of the flag guy, but he is still throwing the halfway flag.how retarded. man barber claimed some pinky fingers that day...matt, ben and sanchez all had hospital trips for busted pinky's.

i'd like to hook up with you guys again...the cmra allows us another wera event using our licences we have now, so im sure we will come to another event sometime. tell matt i said hi and get well soon.

catch ya later SuperFlyFabricatorGuy

from the video you can kinda see what happens...it appears the rear tire slides on acceleration, you can tell how much more ben is leaned over compared to everyone else, then it looks like the rear tire snaps back into traction tossing ben off. ben will be ok after a couple more surgeries and he should have use of all his fingers again.

9. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Re: Re: dude

Just FYI, the flagger, Chuck was displaying halfway because at that point the race was still on. He's not going to stop displaying whatever flags because a crash occurred. Turn 17 is responsible for flagging Ben's crash. As I recall the bike was on the edge of the track when it stopped, Ben was near the rail, and during the whole incident the officials were seeing how it played out. It only took a few seconds before the race was stopped so I'm guessing if you crossed the S/F line with halfway displayed, you probably didn't get around to 2 or 3 before you saw red.

10. BoyRacer549

BoyRacer549 I was a Spider Monkey!

West E
    The Finger is hanging in there just trying to get it better. I had it in the splint for a week Now its out and I am trying to work it some. So yeah it would be fun to come hang out sometime.