1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey man, someone stole your battree.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just got some hominy in the canned goods aisle at Krogers last week :D

2. condon66

condon66 Member well known

NAPA batteries are made by Deka.

nhammond54 likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Cold weather is here, time to break out the Maypo.

4. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I work for one of Michelin’s suppliers. It’s possible that they are getting lower quality stuff for cheaper tires from somewhere but it’s definitely not from us. We don’t have a “lower grade” option for them.

Unless we are the lower grade supplier. Considering how many quality checks I have to perform every day, that seems unlikely.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Being the lower quality supplier doesn't mean your bargain basement shit doesn't have to meet their junk product specs. ;)

6. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Damnit. I got nothin.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes because Michelin became the world leader in tires by manufacturing bargain basement shit. ;)

BigBird likes this.
  8. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

Yes they are and look at the specs compared to Interstate. ..for the same 96R battery that was referenced earlier. ..+4lbs! ! That is a lot in a battery.

9. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

Didn't say it was shit. But it is not the same tire. Trust me.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Up until this last purchase of them, every time I put Michelins on a car I ended up selling the car within 3 months. The mazda has them now and I plan on keeping that thing until it completely falls apart in a decade or two. :)

BigBird likes this.
  11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Don't you know how this works? It's obviously your fault those batteries failed.

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Those Michelins might do it for you :D

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Buying tires for me is always a complex decision, since it means I have to commit to keeping the same car at least another 2 years. I can't buy shit tires either, because it's against my religion as a petrolhead. Thankfully, I like to keep my cars a long time and I'm going to hold on to the Lexus until it reaches 150 000 kms I think.

BigBird likes this.
  14. In Your Corner

Just order your tires from Alibaba and suck it up.
    They'll hold air and roll, what more do you need?

dtalbott likes this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Funny tire story this morning.

Driving the blonde twerp to school this morning, and she suddenly blurts out that she just saw a symbol that she saw in the races. It was "Mike-a-Lynn".

:D

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I put new Continentals on the 5 door A3 and sold that car. I put maybe 3000 miles total on those tires. Should never have sold that car and there isn't a day where I don't mumble that.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Melka is shedding a tear, well before he's busy riding outside.

18. In Your Corner

Miche approves.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

So did you buy a battery yet, or is the MilfWagon still stranded at Starbucks?

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

What advantage does Michelin gain by producing a different spec tire. The additional cost of having to change production processes and the resulting loss in manufacturing efficiency would negate any potential cost savings gain by making a lower spec tire. They simply can't just use less material or lessor quality materials and maintain the same production techniques.

What I can see them doing is grading all the tires after they are produced using their tolerance numbers, sorting them and then distributing the higher graded tires to their stores and the lower graded to the big box stores.

Are you saying you worked directly for the Michelin Company.