1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Lw Guys

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by benprobst, Aug 14, 2006.

1. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

hello everyone. Just got back from Barber with that other racing orginization, and aside from how awful the weekend was run I had a blast, that track was awesome and i am looking to go back. But anyway, was just wondering about what kind of lap times the lw endurance leaders were doing on average. thanks.
    Probst Brothers Racing.

2. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

Do you mean this weekend at Summit, or last year at Barber?

3. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

times

well i did the math. it looks like between 1 43 and 1 47 average (depending on pitstops and what not.) but without a pit stop, doing 30 laps an hour (which the leaders did) that is approx. a 1.47 lap time. So calculate in pit stop and other stuff, the actual average is probably closer to 1. 45. Those are the numbers i came up with off of mylaps from last year(05). what were the track conditions like in 05?

Any other info you may have would also be appreciated.

4. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

Last year, top LW endurance times were high 1:38s. The LW class in general has been doing a second or two a lap faster than last year, so if that trend holds we should see 1:36-1:37 laps as the pace in September.

5. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Ya I ran an SV at the Barber round last year, and my team was between 43's and 47's, and we got smoked proper.

6. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Um, Dave...he was calling lightweight guys...... :D

7. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

He'll be here all week folks...don't forget to tr the prime rib.

:D

8. slidewayzBLAKE

slidewayzBLAKE I do the doubles

LW TIMES

D B
    the LWSB class front runners were lapping at a pace of 1:22 Blue ridge and speedwerks had the two fastest times of 1:21's. Again the LWSB class had two bikes on the same lap at the end and 3rd place charging hard to unlap themselves, racing all the way to the end great class to watch.
    Congrates Blue Ridge.

9. slidewayzBLAKE

sorry

I thought you wanted info on last weeks endurance race at Summit not the times at Barber (never ben) cant help

10. melissa

melissa Sir

NOTB had the second fastest time of the race, which doesn't quite take the sting out of the broken crankshaft but when we were riding, we were riding well. I'm not bitter about it though. Or angry. No. Not at all.

11. slidewayzBLAKE

sorry

I didnt mean to leave you guys out I was just clocking us (WOW) and the others that we were racing with after your team went to the back up bike.
    If you ever need stuff to fix your bikes just ask we have a bunch of spares
    NOB and Ghetto were running very fast till they had troubles

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  12. melissa

melissa Sir

Thanks for the parts help offer. How about just slowing down a little these last few races instead? :p

13. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

join the club, we broke 2 at cycle jam. not that this is a new thing or anything.

14. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

fastest time i've seen on an SV at barber was Jim Wood last year at a high 36. several of us have done 37 flat, low 37's, if the endurance pace consistently reaches that, i'd be surprised.

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

http://kawasakirewards.com/

16. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Three if you include mine.

-steve

17. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

All I can say is," I hate GP shift", did it for an hour and a half, and said "helloooo" to the tank a few times.

18. melissa

melissa Sir

'cause everyone knows the Kawasakis never break.

Hey, how'd you guys do at Grattan? :p

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Pushed it past it's rebuild time I guess:(

20. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

I think we'll probably dip into that range during the first hour, but consistent times will most likely be more in the :38-:40 area.

Watch, it'll probably rain instead. :)