1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey JU...want more posters!

Discussion in 'General' started by Zanyeights, Jan 20, 2001.

1. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

LOL...man,thanks for the reminder JU!
    (I can't remember stuff)

(tap, tap on the shoulder)
    can i (we) do a track day instead of the school at road a in may or what? i mean i like the school and all..... [​IMG]

2. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

It is a track ride. The school reference was a misprint.

3. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

ex-o-lent!!

4. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

just one more question.....what month/year was the yates poster in(can't remember) so i can find it for ryan....i got all these RRW mags in file drawers [​IMG]

5. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

I found the box of Yates posters and have some packed up and ready to send to Ryan as soon as he sends me his mailing address. I think it was '99 but I can't remember the issue and would have to leaf through them all to find it. The photo was taken at Mid-Ohio so it would have to be later than July, probably the September or October issue, maybe November I think.

6. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

ok,JU, if ya wanna take care of ryan with yates picture, that'd be cool....i'd be diggin thru the issues, which is ok, i don't mind [​IMG]

7. brian

brian Well-Known Member

gave my son this months poster. he thought i had given him the moon. man i love those things.
    anyway about the aspirin thing. doctors say that to much aspirin (example: someone liviing on the sh*%) thins the blood and makes it very hard to get blood to clog. but its like anything else most of it is way overrated. 99.99% of the people out there don't have a poblem. i am border line anemic and have very low iron in my blood therefore it would not be recommended for me to take aspirin.
    what i do as far as hand cramps, pump or anything else is as JU recommended. RELAX i learned this years ago on a dirt bike where your straights are very short. "relax the grip your not going to make it any smaller by squeezing it" as my dad used to say.
    my dad also used to preach "breath" because this also improves blood flow and helps reduce pump, fatigue... ever heard of someone not breathing for a whole lap because thier adrenilin is so pumped? i've done it. very dumb!!
    also, i'm with JU on this one. whats up with the RA medics? i didn't see JU's incident but i think everyone has seen Mladin's and if that wouldn't make you have to clean your leathers out after that race then your better man than me. i had to go use the bathroom after seeing it on tv.
    geeeeez did i ramble or what, sorry.

[This message has been edited by brian (edited 01-23-2001).]

8. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

you beat me to the punch Brian.

Tom thanks for the offer but as you can tell JU has opted to hook me up.

JU sent you my address this morning. Sorry for the delay but I just switched ISP's and am in a transitional phase.

For all others, any extras JU sends I will have at Talladega. Swing by. #187 Ex. Black (I hope its finished) 96 GSXR 750. White enclosed trailer pulled by a full size maroon Chevy Van,

Ryan

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah the doc at the GNF was wayyyyy cool. Hope he comes back this season.

The doc and the medics are different (luckily) I don't know if the same crew is still working there but we have definitely been in touch with a lot of people (track management, our insurance company, the medical staff) about that type of problem and will be having meetings with the crews prior to our events to try and keep anything like that from happening again.

[This message has been edited by Mongo (edited 01-23-2001).]