1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey JU...want more posters!

Discussion in 'General' started by Zanyeights, Jan 20, 2001.

1. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

My wife was just removing my VR1000/Pascal Picotte/Thomas Wilson and my 1998 Scott Russell 200 Victory poster from a Blaeu Wall Map I had covered to hang in the garage (is that class or what!!??). I am going to hang them in my new covered trailer (the covered part is new not the trailer).

Anyway, it dawned on me that we haven't had a new poster since Yate's "Elbow" poster way back when.

I know they are probably pretty expensive but when can we see a new poster? Wouldn't mind a good east coast (just to spite some of the west coast guys!) club poster. Maybe a good Batey or Acree shot. Hell, you could even use a Cobb shot (that would really get everybody going)!

Just curious. Those poster's are pretty cool. My Yates and Lopez (RRW Posters) were lost in the move. So I am in need of some new ones.

Ryan

2. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

hey ryan. i have my yates poster, you can have cause you helped me out last year! is that [​IMG] i'll just have to rifle thru the stacks of RRW i have..i'm such a pack rat, i can't throw anything away [​IMG]

3. Zanyeights

Thanks Tom. You are the man. I hope to see you at Roebling. You planning on any Talladega?

4. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

What happened to JU? I hope Janie didn't run him off telling him he was 87. [​IMG]

5. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

I got a poster in this month's RRW [​IMG]

6. Zanyeights

I guess now that I look at it, there is a poster in there...hell it even has a couple of WERA past and present stars! Thanks Eric.

7. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

Posters appear when somebody pays for them to be in the issue. Recent ones included EBSCO media, more are coming.

If you need some more copies of the Yates one I think I still have some, if I didn't ship the whole box to Aaron. I'll try to remember to check at the office.

I went racing at Willow on a TZ250. Got 3rd in F-40, 11th in F-2. It was big fun!

8. brian

brian Well-Known Member

cool! did anyone bother you about the business shit this time. i read the CU article. that sucks that anyone could think they need to bother you at the track about things of the business nature. anyway sounds like good fun. all we have here is a bunch of snow. even makes riding a dirt bike hard.

9. Tracee Polcin

Congrats!!! First time on the 250? Was that CU's old 250? And you just had to rub it in because the rest of the country is chomping at the bit to ride!!! [​IMG]

10. julrich

Yeah, but we were lucky. It snowed at Willow last Monday and rained for three days before that. When practice started it was about 29 but it got up to about 50 each day and it wasn't very windy. But yeah, the ladies in the office directed some other guy and his kid over to my pit area because they had some question regarding contingency forms that don't exist, but the guy was pretty cool and took "no you don't need one, just the stickers" for an answer. So it was okay. Still, my attitude is, if you can't solve your problem with race officials on race day when I'm there racing, I can't help you. I'm not WSMC. I rode CU's '99 TZ250 and it was kind of a handful coming off my 125. Really fast, though. The first 1-1/2 days my hands were cramping up from holding on too tight. Last 1-1/2 days were okay, I made myself relax my hands whenever I could. The thing kept lighting up the tire in turn two and then it did it in turn eight in F-40, and it's kind of disconcerting when you're WFO in 6th and the rear end starts stepping out a little! It took me all weekend to work up to getting to full throttle in T8 and I still didn't get brave enough to tip it in on the stops. I guess that's for next time.

In F2 I had a terrible start and was about last into T1, spent a lap and a half getting around Morgan Broadhead, who was riding really well on an ex-Junge GSXR600, another guy on an older TZ and two women, Jocelin on a TZ250 and Jodie York on some kind of 600. It was kind of scary at first because Jocelin and Jodie had intersecting lines in all the corners, so I had to pass them one at a time. I finally got past Jocelin into nine and rode around Jodie in T5 and took off, dropped from 1:30s to 1:29s and then some 1:28s (fastest 1:28.5)and didn't have anybody to race with. On the last lap Jocelin and Jodie collided in T3 and both crashed, Jocelin got transported with a torn up finger. Rich Oliver took off to the hospital after her so we stashed Jocelin's bike for him in a garage and some other people put all Rich and Jocelin's stuff in their trailer and locked it up. The bike wouldn't fit in the trailer because the people didn't know where everything went and just piled it up on the floor and used up all the room.

CU struggled to go as fast on his new bike as the ex-Spies one he rode last time, chased his tail on set-up, and had to start at the back of everything because they gridded by 2000 season points, and the races were 6 laps because of the shorter daylight this time of year. He ran 1:24.8, got into 3rd behind Ken Chase and Rich Alexander in 750 Mod Prod with a 2-rider pass into T1 last lap, got balked in 9 by a lapper, and a guy he had just passed got a run on him and pulled up next to him and started weaving at him like he was Canadian or something. In avoiding a collision CU forgot to shift into 6th, hit the rev limiter just before the line and got beat by inches. He was totally pissed at himself for not throwing the guy an elbow and going about his business as normal. Hey, this racing stuff ain't easy. At least the officials saw it and reprimanded the guy.

[This message has been edited by julrich (edited 01-22-2001).]

11. Tracee Polcin

Sounds like ya'll had a good weekend. Does CU think he should have started riding the diesels earlier? Or does he think that riding the 2 strokers helped him with cornerspeed and set up?

Sorry to hear about Jocelin. Yes she did beat me a couple of times in 99. Well everytime we met.

I can see how the loosing the rear can be disconcerting going that fast. Nothing like that to remind us that we are still human and broken bones hurt. Go get them next month!! [​IMG]

12. julrich

I don't know. CU loves those two-strokes. But I don't think it hurt him, Hopper and Spies came up the same way, 50, 80, 125, 250. With CU he just finally figured out that being a normal-sized human that he's always gonna be at a big disadvantage racing lighter, smaller guys on 250s. The fastest he ever went on a 250 at Willow was 1:23.1, that's quick, but he needed to be on a bigger bike where his size and strength (and constant training) could work for him. I think he misses the GP bikes, but he wants to be a professional racer and will ride what he has to to be able to do that and win money. The big decider for him was Lopez making about $170k in 2000, and comparing it to what he (CU) won on his 250.

Tell you what, though, those 250s sure eat parts and tires! I ran out of mileage on the pistons Saturday and had to put in a new set, at $150 a whack. Also used up two new sets of tires and a set of take-offs. It was kind of a shock compared to the RS125, where I used to put on a new set for the race and then use that same set for the entire next 3-day weekend up until the race.

It was kind of cool to have the thing drift and do little power wheelies at the same time over t6, though.

[This message has been edited by julrich (edited 01-22-2001).]

13. Tracee Polcin

I can see by this statement that it is starting to suck you in. Next month it'll be "I held it to the stops going into T8". [​IMG]

14. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

if everything is cool on the homefront, feb 3-4 is on tap, or is it feb 2-3? can't wait to get back to roebling, either

15. kulddy

kulddy Well-Known Member

sounded like ya had a ball JU, just watch your signature turn (9/staight (sorry couldn't resist), as your velocity will be considerably greater as will the wreck chasing you.
    KD
    Oh yeah I along with asking for more tech (now youv'e given me a phd's worth) I asked for posters, because all mine were ruined when I moved from Malibu to TN.
    Wayne
    I have my renewal suscription here and am trying to talk the wife into the advantage of the "four year plan".
    And I must thank you for not sending me a renewal form every other week. my wife usually pays that stuff and I at one point had a ten year subscription to cycle, they sent bills she paid them. but now she really wary of this as we had to threaten the publisher.
    I need no other mag but yours on a regular basis, and if some thing caches my eye (brit mags,)I just buy em on at a time.
    I really appreciate that humanity, it is a small thing, but these count.
    Thanks Again
    Wayne

16. julrich

Yeah, the approach speed into T9 seemed a lot higher and I haven't tried to go around anybody at the apex there since that time it didn't work out and my bike jumped on my head.

Which posters were you looking for?

17. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Sorry to hear Jocelin rashed again. Hey JU...what's the deal with the hand pump-up? Any remedies?

18. julrich

Try to relax your death grip on the straights. Also sometimes taking aspirin works because it's an anti-inflammatory (which is why old people use it for arthritis).

19. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

i swear by aspirin, but don't take it on race/track days.... at road a the medics were asking at riders meeting for racers not to take aspirin, just tylenol, etc.
    [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by td930 (edited 01-22-2001).]

20. julrich

You mean the same guys who pulled their ambulance across the back straight right in front of me during practice at the GNF 1999, about 6 months after they almost killed Mladin? Yeah, I'd listen to those guys, they're f--king geniuses!