1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, it's some day, maybe Friday! What ya listening to? Screw you IYC.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Haven’t heard some Dead Milkmen for a while, I’ll give that a listen today while doing yardwork.

2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

El Chapo by the Game

3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Surfing around Spotify today and found and album of Jimi Hendrix songs by the Gil Evans Orchestra. Real interesting. (Gil Evans was sorta to Miles Davis what George Martin was to the Beatles.)

4. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Yeah. Gil wrote "Blue In Green" but Miles claimed it was his.

5. motoboy

I got a Tine Thing Helseth CD and have been digging on it this weekend.

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

3teeth. Atrophy

Attached Files:

7. Johnny B

@cortezmachine You've been around SLC. Have you ever caught Wasnatch live?

8. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

pretty sure I have, yeah. at one of the little festivals they’ve had there on occasion with different musical acts.

9. Johnny B

I'd be curious how well they came off live. My main beef with Reggae bands is that their amplifiers usually sound like wax paper because they can't handle the obligatory overwhelming bass.

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

If you ever get around Jax, FL, seek out Split Tone. They’re usually playing somewhere, every week, and are fantastic, live.

11. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

Tim Akers and The Smoking Section. I like "Fame" and "Uptown Funk". But then, I'm a trumpet player.

12. Johnny B

13. ton

ton Arf!

That's actually Bill Evans. He was the pianist on Kind of Blue. (His Trio with Scott LaFaro on Bass and Paul Motion drums is one of my favorite outfits of all time)

Gil Evans was an arranger, and with Miles for the Birth of the Cool---> Sketches of Spain period

motoboy likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So much incredible stuff that been recorded in 2019, 2020 and 2021 and being released now. Dude! I don't even know where to begin (and it's not with *Foo fighters and the rest of the top 40 shit).

* that Foo Fighters album is crap. You prog rock hoboes might love it. :(

15. ton

ton Arf!

nope. it's awful. kind of amazing how boring they were actually capable of making it be.

16. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Lochloosa JJ Grey live version

17. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

New Jinjer CD supposed to show up any day

ToofPic, britx303 and pfhenry like this.
  18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Listened to some Everly Brothers last night...just because.

19. motoboy

I don't know dick about Billy Eilish, but she's releasing something with Gustav (The Dude) Dudamel and the LA Phil. I am tempted to check it out. But for today, it's Clarke Terry.

20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I’ll have to give them another listen. My daughters love them and had me listen to them in a big playlist so I I don’t know which band wAs which.