1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, it's some day, maybe Friday! What ya listening to? Screw you IYC.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Jul 29, 2011.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Louisville had a new festival this weekend called "Bourbon & Beyond". A bunch of us went to it yesterday and saw (in this order):

Trombone Shorty
    G Love & Special Sauce
    Gary Clark Jr
    Paul Rogers (Bad Co. for you young'uns)
    Joe Bonamassa
    Stevie Nicks

One of my friends said I had to get there in time for Trombone Shorty. This friend is famous for telling me to listen to someone that is horrible, but I got there in time for his set. This guy and his band flat out stole the show. If you ever get the chance, see these guys.

The turnout was so good for this new festival that the organizers said they'd come back next year. If you're in the vicinity, check it out. Bourbon was flowing!

And before I catch shit...we left during Stevie's second song:D

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I saw that tour in Camden, NJ I think in 97. I remember the entire crowd being ... tense. I thought the show was amazing, but I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun. Louisville also hosted the Mecum car auction this weekend.

rd400racer likes this.
  4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

The first time somebody came out of one of the small tents at the "Life Is Good" festival and yelled to eveyone, "Check this band out! The bass player is an animal!"
    He was second on the bill the next year and then he headlined the Levitate Festival in Marshfield MA a few years ago.

I got this close!

[​IMG]

Sabre699 and rd400racer like this.
  5. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

The Steel Woods. If you like Blackberry Smoke, you'll dig 'em.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm listening to (and watching) AC/DC live at River Plate.
    Awesome concert.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Argentina?

8. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I know it's an old post but I just read it so. I saw RATM back in 93 as well at some shitty club in Jacksonville Fl called The Edge, it was the first time I heard them, I thought they were cool.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bad Cop/ Bad Cop, Lemonheads (the album with Stevenson, Alvarez and J Mascis as his band), Propagandhi (best band playing right now), Alkaline Trio and some Radiohead.

10. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Johnny Lang channel on Pandora, great stuff

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Yes, 2009.

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

You're a bunch of white boys from Salt Lake City that formed a Reggae band called Wasnatch.
    How do you get attention?
    You come out with a kickass cover photo on your album. (And the music is legit!)

[​IMG]

Razr likes this.
  13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

GHOST. Never heard of them,but the Brawltimore R&R station keeps playing a song thats catchy,so giving them more of a listen to see if they're a one hit wonder........

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, they are freakin' huge. The hessians love 'em. The rock dudes love 'em. The freaks, geeks and church burners love 'em.

Weird as f@ck but pretty darn alright.

15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Im horrible about staying out of the loop with new music.................99.9% of the time it sucks.........plus im stuck in the timespan of 1976-1994:D

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah man, I'm stuck in punk bands from the 70s ~ 90s and I'm going back to listen to *shit I used to make fun off (REO Spreedwagon rocks!). I knew Ghost because of the hype around them.

*but Led Zepplin still blows dead bears and RUSH is for dudes in the basements who play D&D by themselves. :D

17. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Junior Wells "Hoodoo Man Blues"
    It has Buddy Guy playing a guitar through a Leslie for the first time on record and a "Chitlins Con Carne" that would make SRV blush.

18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I just discovered an instrumental post-metal band from Chicago called "Russian Circles" and they totally kick rectum ! Check them out.

KrooklynSV likes this.
  19. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Now that the Russians are involved, this thread should be moved to the Dungeon.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Touch of Grey is on loop and I don't mind. I will get by.