1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, it's some day, maybe Friday! What ya listening to? Screw you IYC.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Nigel Hall. Good retro Motown sound.

2. Dits

Chris Isaac and Govt Mule.

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

That's Isaak.

Today I listened to some Tower of Power. Most everyone here wouldn't know who Mic Gillette was based on the name, but if they heard the opening wail of "Your Still a Young Man" or the staccato popping riffs of "What is Hip" you would know of one cat that could blow a horn. Rest in Peace, Mic Gillette, your trumpet plays on.

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Just back from Jacobs Symphony Hall - JAZZ PIANO MASTERS: A TRIBUTE TO THELONIOUS MONK, ART TATUM AND BUD POWELL.
    Joshua White, piano
    Helen Sung, piano
    Eric Reed, piano
    Rodney Whitaker, bass
    Willie Jones III, percussion

T'was magic.

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

The guy that does the PDI's at our dealership just gave me another CD of his work.

Phil Mack and his Monster Stack! Phil on guitars, bass, drums and vocals!

[​IMG]

6. Dits

The Revivalists.

Anybody else dig this band? I think they are absolutely fantastic. Plus they are GREAT live.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm into alt country hard the last week or three. Lydia Loveless, Drag the River, Scorpio. . . lov'in it.

notbostrom and Venom51 like this.
  8. Dits

Reverend Horton Heat and Nashville Pussy played a bar here in DeLand a few weeks ago.

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Lydia Loveless huh? There might be somebody round these parts that knows her. Maybe even married an such.

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

From Beer to Eternity, the last Ministry album that was released after Mike Scaccia's death. Seems like a return to the industrial metal sound, which is a good thing in my book.

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I had drinks with Nashville Pussy backstage during a Slayer gig a few years ago. Cool bunch of chicks.

12. jschuster2

jschuster2 Well-Known Member

They opened for Govt Mule a couple years back. Good original sounding band. I just listened to a one of their cds .on the way home. And Warren brought them back on stage to finish the show. Very cool.

13. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

The Raconteurs

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Anal Cunt, Upsidedown cross and Design the Skyline.

notbostrom and Venom51 like this.
  15. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Rammstein- Live from Madison Square Garden 2015

16. Johnny B

I was doing a search on Mac Sabbath (Ronald on vocals, Mayor MacCheese on guitar, Grimace on bass and Hamburgler on drums. https://www.facebook.com/macsabbath)
    and came across Rosemary's Billygoat. Surprisingly listenable!

[​IMG]

17. Johnny B

I just came across this in Facebook. "Watch The Stove", a collection of five hip hop songs put together by Hamburger Helper. Released as an April Fools joke, it got surprisingly good reviews. It has a Parental Advisory for "delicious content".

18. Johnny B

Listening to these guys for the first time. Really good!

[​IMG]

19. L8RSK8R

Got fugged up, many times with 'em both. Buddy stepped outta limo (I supplied) to Rev Heat, fell 40 feet on his face. Fortunatley worked for Disney (animator).... cover his facial reconstruction.

20. L8RSK8R

Leo Sayer....way underrated singer/songwriter.