1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Indy peeps! Do you know?

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Mar 3, 2021.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Mike from Speed City Cycles?

Stand up guy who corners low? Or what?

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I don't know, but his shop is 3 blocks from the Speedway. So, not in a great part of town.
    You need help, I'm through there once a week or so.

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The shop is 15 minutes from me. Need anything?

4. ClemsonsR6

Nah....he contacted me about bringing something from Indy down to SC for me since he was already coming this way; his transportation isn't preferred but it would save me the hassle of flying up and getting it.

5. Hyperdyne

We'll be headed down to roebling in a couple weeks. Happy to meet in the middle if it helps you.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. ClemsonsR6

Thank you Hyper but I'm impatient and don't want to want that long......I've got flight credits from covid that I can use....Thank you though. :)

He was just looking for a way to cover his cost coming down since he will have an empty trailer.

7. Hyperdyne

if you have a decent layover, I’ll buy you a beer while your here. Airport is is min in the opposite direction from the house LOL

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That airport just got voted #1........again!

ducnut likes this.
  9. Hyperdyne

Dude IND is awesome. Once I got global entry and bypassed all the casual travelers, life is great. I can make it from my house, through TSA, and be sitting in my seat in 45 minutes. They really have it down pat. SDF used to be my favorite. It would be nice if it had the shops like ATL or DFW but I will take convenience and speed.

TurboBlew and Razr like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Other than our drive to the airport and the off site parking shuttle our normal through ATL pre check is 10 minutes max. Always been impressed at how they get people through there even when it was slammed.

11. Hyperdyne

I was always impressed with their efficiency. It’s just the traffic in and around ATL that sucked.

Side question.. any k own issues traveling to Roebling via Indy we should avoid?

12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Atlanta

13. Hyperdyne

Fair enough

14. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Checking Google Maps, an option to avoid ATL is to take 64 to 75 to 26 and avoid ATL altogether. About equal time and miles.

I've never driven Knoxville to Spartanburg. I am assuming that might be a bit rough towing a huge trailer.

upload_2021-3-4_22-32-43.png

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

From Indy to Chattanooga I've always trusted 65s over 75s.
    But indy to Cincy then 75 all the way to Chattanooga isn't bad, especially if 65s is under construction (65 in downtown Louisville has been on a perpetual construction cycle for my lifetime)
    Atlanta is always unpredictable. Hwy 26 east from Knoxville might be ok depending on what your driving.

16. ClemsonsR6

That's my route tonight.....Indy to Cincy to Knoxville.....

tomorrow, Knoxville to Asheville to Columbia.

10hrs and 630 miles of new car fun!

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

If you're brave, there's a little bypass off of 74 before you get to Ohio, In 1. It saves you a few miles, plus that area would have some awesome jumps for that new car:Poke:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hit google maps before you get much past exit 290 on the north side and see how screwed up things are through town, there is the rare time running 285 around the west is better. Overall just time it so you're running through midday and it'll be crowded, probably even backed up from 265 mile marker down to 285 but it'll ease up after that. No trailers in the toll lanes but they're fine in the free HOV lanes.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's not bad at all. That's the route to anywhere North when we lived on Hilton Head. Granted we'd always go through Cincy because of family.