1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Guo, Something You'll Appreciate

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by CorollaDude, Mar 21, 2003.

1. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

So, have you ever heard of W.Britain's? It's like the ultimate in military toy solider collectibles. Hand-painted and limited production, these are some of the finest WWII, Civil War, American Revolution, and of course all European army collectibles in the world. You can buy hand-painted figures of Churchill, Patton, Bradley, Grant, Lee, etc.

http://www.wbritains.com/

W. Britian's is so old and venerable a company that their production only halted once and that was during WWII, when their factory was converted to military production. One toy soldier costs about $20 each without shipping.

So, anyways, I get two classic sets, about as true-blue American as you can get: 101st Airborne Division "Screaming Eagles" and soldiers from the 1st Infantry Division from D-Day, the famed Big Red One.

When I took them out of their fancy box, unwrapped the elegant tissue paper and marveled over the intricate design and painting, I saw these engraved words underneath the base: "Made in China." :D

2. Evil Dave K

Evil Dave K Well-Known Member

They're not dolls, they're ACTION FIGURES!!!!!! :D

3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I still remember the politician handing out little plastic American flags with "MADE IN CHINA" in small print on the border at our 4th of July parade a few years back!

4. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

I think 15 years ago I made a couple of those ;)

Just kidding :p