1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Dave....chicks lax

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, May 24, 2019.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

Some friends at the semis tonight

Looks like bc vs um Sunday.

Don't follow it really but thought it was funny some of my friends went.. Daughter in-law played for bc I guess..

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

3. joec

joec brace yourself

Hey. It's kinda cool umd is going to the finals against bc. I don't follow it at all but never thought umd would have a good team. Then again I don't know who else would have either. But thought since Dave is so into it with his kids he might be following it. Maybe even heading up to check it out.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Damn Joe...Saw the title and thought you meant hotties at LAX. :Poke:

R Acree likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, BC versus NC was a classic. NC went up 6 nil in the first, BC came back to lead and they tied at the end of regular time. BC finally won in double overtime. This is a game they will show for years. Sound was out on the broadcast for the fist half but still, damn!
    Oh, first yellow card 28 seconds into the game. :D

The maryland/ northwestern game was a snooze fest. Those maryland girls are just insane to watch.

We may drive up for the finals. A carnival of 4 or 5 cars loaded with 13 and 14 year old girls. A 14 year old boy's dream. :D

6. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Lol... I thought Joe was starting a series on women’s laxatives :D :beer:

Mot Okstef and StaccatoFan like this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Joe, University of Maryland girls lacrosse is heart attack serious. Arguably the greatest girls lacrosse program in the country since founded in '74. They produce the majority of the Tewaaraton award winners for women (this is the Heisman of lacrosse).
    Ask any girl lacrosse player where they'd want to play and a majority will say Maryland. :)

If your daughter in law played at BC it means she was very very good. They were national champs last year. :)

8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

When I was at Maryland, I went to a couple of men's games and it was a pretty good spectator sport. There were some hits and stuff, not like pussy soccer. I never saw the women play. This was in 78 - 79.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

Was my friends daughter in law. Sorry..

I know very little about the sport really.

Men's lax is hardcore. Lots of guys I knew who played college lax also played football. Those dudes were monsters.

Dave, if you're looking for a place to eat or something near Hopkins, drop me a note. Supposed to be hot.. should be fun.

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

We definitely watch the Maryland girls for inspiration.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You watch them to see how shit is done or out of fear (if you are playing them). Think Yosh with Mladin and Spies and you understand that team. :)

Chick lacrosse is faster and much more aggressive. I love Dudes lacrosse but I'll watch the "girls" 8 times out of 10 just to see how it's supposed to be done. They will kill you, laugh and be 20 yards down the field before you realize what happened.

12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

You never thought Maryland would have a good Lacrosse team???? WTF is wrong with you?:D

13. joec

joec brace yourself

Women's. Hey....far as I always knew.... It was all about Hopkins. I'm pretty sure the women's stuff is centered there.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Maryland girls are national champs again this year. :) I was rooting for BC but you can't be mad at those Maryland girls.

and they do not lose at home. Ever. They are like 87-0 at home.

joec likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Joe, Megan Taylor, Maryland's goalie won the 2019 Tewaaraton. First goalie to ever win it.

Um, you can say University of Maryland women's lacrosse is pretty good. :D