1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey bsa 83 dave

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by jim weaver, May 13, 2017.

1. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

have you looked at the ahrma roadrace facebook page lately, things getting really heated up again. same old same old. road race people butting heads with the west coast dirt bikers. threats of legal action, and some really nasty posts.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why in the world would the roadracers be arguing with the dirt bike guys?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I read it - nevermind, what a shit show :crackup:

4. jim weaver

over the voting . dirt trustees keep voting down rules changes for roadracing rules . example roadracers want to include 600cc in next gen. I'm not sure why they object. its a fact that the older vintage classes are on decline. average age racers mid 40s are now all about 80s and 90s bikes.too many old farts of my age cant see the writing on the wall. is sad isn't it

VFR#52 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree the dirt bikes shouldn't have any say in roadracing rules - and vice versa. They're nothing alike other than age. I wouldn't remotely begin to think I could write rules for dirt races even with 25 years experience doing them for our stuff.

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. jim weaver

sad part is this has been going on for years, and finally blew up again. I must say I much prefer a benevolent dictatorship.every one is on the same page. no confusion.everybody happy!

7. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Jim -

I have not - I'm not on Facebook.

It is an age-old issue for AHRMA. I'm not surprised. I will not get started on the various issues and dysfunctions because, as I suspect you know, I used to be quite involved, concerned and vocal about such. Ran for Trustee several times, finishing 2d to Beano Rodi by single-digit votes (I should mention that I like Beano, and I enjoy his company and assistance in vintage moto stuff, but as a Trustee . . . . really?) My concern and interest fand efforts or the good of AHRMA racing - dirt, road, trials, etc - was not well received by some. And that resulted in a considerable amount of discontent, including defamation, directed toward me and my wife. I'm used to folks saying shitty things about me - it comes with my job. But, don't involve my wife. And that is something that the myopically minded, self-interested AHRMA critics could not avoid. So, to use a phrase from Shark Tank: I'm out. Now I just attend a couple of convenient AHRMA races with some good friends, get my fun laps in, and stay away from the politics. I observe knowingly and skeptically and I certainly express my (considerable) opinions in my pit, particularly after dark and after imbibing, but that lot can run themselves straight into the ground, pour gas on themselves, light themselves on fire, commit crimes against humanity and inhumanity, and I'll not waste a breath nor cast an eye in their favor. :beer:

As a race organization, to use a Brit term, WERA has AHRMA sussed. :bow:

Thanks for thinking of me and thanks for your interest in AHRMA. Go windmill tilting! Just be prepared!:Poke:

Cheers,

Dave

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    V5 Racer and britx303 like this.
  8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I commend you on the usage of "sussed"..........:D

yamageezer and VFR#52 like this.
  9. jim weaver

yes I knew of your trials. I believe I voted for you .and yes that stuff has gotten silly again. to many cooks spoil the broth, put nicely as i .can.sussed is a much nicer word than what I was thinking,

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While I do disagree with the MX riders making RR rules I totally get the whole setup they have with the MX promoters. It's good for the org and unlike the roadraces they don't have to put much if any effort into it to get that income and the numbers for insurance.

11. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

The MX crowd is 'milking the cow' of RR. Big Bob Burns put out the numbers on the Facebook page. They're getting a ride they could never sustain on their own. So they should let the RR side flourish so they can continue on. Instead the MX whole show is filled with myopic, petty little parochial minds who won't embrace the RR as the success it is. This is not new; it has been going on for decades. I just recently saw the posts and they seemed like a time machine with the same selfish and stingy little people begrudging AHRMA's RR side.
    Personally, I'm out of that political quagmire and happy, as Rutherford stated, to race that organization when I can but not be involved. WERA is a welcome relief and alternative.

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What exactly do the MX promoters get from AHRMA?

And I mean cash money or work in the office. Everything else is either a benefit to both sides equally (insurance costs being lower, being a member of a larger group and so on) or of no monetary value.

13. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

although the rr brought in a lot of the money they also seemed to have a lot more expenses, I am an RR guy btw

14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

So the "Mannites" are still in charge?

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

They have no place for my machines so no real interest in their org. Count my lucky stars every day that WERA still has some vintage racing. Thank you WERA.

Killswitch and 83BSA like this.
  16. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

kkesler, what do you ride? I think part of the problem is the conflict between those that want to freeze the categories and those that want to update as time passes.

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

FZ600, 80s air cooled.

18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I haven't raced ahrma for years, but used to do quite a bit of vintage hare scrambles with them, as well as the occasional vintage mx round. The dirt guys are good people. I certainly don't try to keep up with ahrma politics or finances. Is it your contention that costs for ahrma road racers would decrease if the dirty side were eliminated?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anyone ever answer what the dirt stuff costs AHRMA in time or cash outlay?

20. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Hold tight. I'm trying to pull some information together for you.